RIP to a good friend

judagrmn

I got him from a friend a little over a year ago. Took very good care of him feeding him healthy crickets regularly and wax worms as a treat every now and then. Not sure how long my friend had him previously but I have had him for a little over a year now. Friday night after work I had some wax worms and tossed him a couple which he quickly chomped up (as usual) and then a couple hours later I noticed the problems begin...He started to heave like he was trying hard to vomit. Hanging out in the part of the tank where he normally does his business which was unusual. I never actually saw him vomit but the next morning saw that he did regurgitate the waxies I had given him. He was back to laying on his heat pad and moving around but when I got him some crickets later in the afternoon, he didn't eat a single one. I came home yesterday afternoon and it looked like he had some bad diarrhea but was just hanging out in his hide area (a rock he favorited) I took a short nap, woke up and he was just laying lifeless across his water dish with his eyes closed. It was very hard for me to actually remove him from the tank. I had no idea what to do with him. I removed his favorite rock and placed him in it, wrapped him in a box and plan to bury him somewhere. I am gonna miss the little guy it was always a joy to watch him eat and stare at my cat through his tank when she tried to get his attention. I wish I could have got him into the vet but everything happened so quickly. I hope there wasn't something wrong with the wax worms I gave him. They were alive and moving I would never try to feed him any dead food. Gonna miss my buddy :(

This picture is a typical after eating "itis" on the end of the tank where his heat pad was. Loved how he laid with his hands just thrown back. ;) He had character.
gecko.jpg

A few more pics from last year (when I got him and hadn't changed the substrate yet in a couple pics)
My "Rat Cat" found a new friend!
rats008.jpg

gecko001.jpg

First time out his tank with me.
gecko005.jpg

Climbing on his wood branch.
gecko004.jpg

Climbing on his favorite rock hide.
gecko003.jpg

Peeking out his favorite rock hide. My favorite pic!
gecko002.jpg

Last edited:

jbs81890

Rip little guy. Could impaction been the culprit? How long has it been since his last pop?

acharpenter

My little girl and my older cat have the same relationship...

Im very sorry - cant help you with why but please know I understand and feel your loss

Thanks for the pics - way sweet

Edit - I don't hit the forum frequently so I am sorry that my condolences come so late - I am sorry

Last edited:

Visit our friends