second day i had him and..

S

sportbike_rob

he hasnt moved an inch for about 14 hours, he is just laying there i tried to feed him today but he just turns his nose up at anything i put in there. i thought he would at least get up and explore a bit last night, but he hasnt moved at all. i try to feed him, and he just turns his body around and lays back down and continues to do nothing. this has me worried.

S

sportbike_rob

okay, i found out the problem. the light in my tank wasnt strong enough. i had a cheap blacklight bulb from wal-mart that says it was for reptiles. i noticed that the inside of the tank was not that warm last night and today and it was very chilly in our house too. i made a trip to the petshop and they told me what lights to get for my particular tank, i got a good white bulb that warms it up really nice in there for day time, and i got a nice red light for night time. when i get paid this week, i will get a heat pad for under the tank and probably some other goodies. but just to inform everybody, he is now moving around and even ate a few crickets. and is acting "normal" again. he explored his tank for a while and ate a few crickets and now he made his way to his hide.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandy101010

You should get a digital thermometer to make sure that the teps are right. You don't really need over head light if the under tank heat will keep the temps high enough.

W

Wretched

heres something my fat tails LOVE. I usualy use a mix of peat and the cocnut bark for substrate. make sure the substrate is pretty moist more the time. Dark, but not dripping. Use an under tank heater o one side and put a hide directly over it. The LOVE it. My fatty digs to get even closer to the heat. I was worried a bit, but he seems just fine. i use an over head light just for extra warmth when needed..

S

sportbike_rob

the overhead lights are temporary till i get my paycheck, along with a bigger tank and some other goodies for him.

L

LadyGecko

I'm glad to hear that you are getting a uth for your aft
They like bright light even less than Leos do
Sandy

S

sportbike_rob

thank you for all the info. tomorrow i am making an "excursion" to the pet shop and getting him all he needs and then some even a whole new enclosure. i had some difficulty with him, as i found out in my other thread, this problem is now solved. i figured, now that i gained quite a bit of knowlege. i might just buy another baby to put his old enclosure to good use, not sure exactly which type i want to get yet, im going to go in and decide from there.

Visit our friends