Seizures? Please help!

dalilahblue

Hi everyone. Let me give you some back ground.

I am gecko sitting this week for my boss's son. In my care are three Leo's, two giants housed together, and a younger female, about 9 months old, housed alone in a 10 gallon tank.

She has 2 hides, one of the cool side, one one the warm side. She has water, and a "wallow" with a damp sponge. Temp is about 90 degrees right now, humidity is a little over 70 %.

She normally eats crickets, and occasionally meal worms. No supplementation as far as I know.

She and her friends have been on straight meal worms for a couple of weeks due to the bad weather and no one getting in crickets.

Tonight around 500 pm I finally got some crickets in for them and was feeding everyone. She ate 2 crickets when I noticed she was having issues with her back legs. I called my hubby over to see her and she went limp, flat on her belly, legs out to the side, and her tail straight up in the air twitching. This lasted a bit over a minute, then she weakly crawled back into her warm hide. It's been about an hour and a half and she is moving better, but is still weak and her back legs aren't back to normal yet.

Her tail is nice and fat. Her breathing in fine now (it was rapid during the episode) and she looks normal sitting there.

Any suggestions?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
I don't have leos, but I have heard they shake their tails when excited (such as when they're eating). That would explain the fast breathing too. Did she flatten out on top of a heating pad? She may have just been trying to warm her belly up.

dalilahblue

No, this wasn't the excited tail wag.

I have her in an ICU pod at the moment. I've tried giving liquid calcium as I found the owners weren't doing this. She's completely limp right now, but still able to swallow and barely lift her head.

Visit our friends