Selective Breeding doing its thing.

Albey

With all of the exciting new combo morphs and such that are just starting to hatch at this time of year it is not very easy to get excited about a regular Pastel or Super Pastel hatching unless of course they happen to look like this.

past08_3_700_3.jpg

past08_3_700_1.jpg

past08_3_700_2.jpg

The gorgeous little Pastel girl above came out of the egg on Tuesday. She is by far the cleanest looking Pastel I have produced and for that matter probably ever seen. She is a Graziani line Pastel that are mostly noted for their blushing, but this one breaks the rules. Not much blushing but what incredible light base color. There is absolutely nothing color wise on her to brown out. She was produced from an absolutely incredible Sterling to a regular Pastel breeding. It was a clutch of five eggs, but unfortunately three went bad. The other one in the clutch just came out of the egg last night at around 11:30. Here are some pictures of the Super Pastel.

supast08_1_700_1.jpg

supast08_1_700_2.jpg

supast08_1_700_3.jpg

Just like it’s clutch mate it is very light in color but it does have a little more blushing just like most Super’s.

Here are some pictures of the two of them together. The Super pretty much looks like a lighter version of the regular Pastel.

past05_1br08_pr1.jpg

past05_1br08_pr2.jpg

past05_1br08_pr3.jpg

I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Bodon

Dayum!!! Who says pastels cant be exciting? Thats a great example right there! So how much would just a normal pastel or lemon pastel cost someone at a reptile show, not great looking specimens like these of course.

W

WftRight

Bodon said:
Dayum!!! Who says pastels cant be exciting? Thats a great example right there! So how much would just a normal pastel or lemon pastel cost someone at a reptile show, not great looking specimens like these of course.

I think you could get a regular male pastel for $100 to $200 these days. I bought mine over a year ago, and I paid only $150 for him. If you buy one from an established line, you may still pay more. Plenty of people have and are breeding pastels these days.

N

Nigel4less

SMOKIN' Pastels and Supers Albey, looks like you put them in a tanning booth.

Visit our friends