Sex Offenders Sue GA

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Big neon signs would work too.

I feel sorry for the FEW people that get labeled as a sex offender for doing things like oral sex (yes...it's illegal in some places), or being 18 and having consentual (sp?) sex with a 16 year old.

Beyond those few people, you can throw them all into a black hole for all I care.

N

nora

well 18 year olds should know better than to have sex with a 16 year old.. consented or not. not only is it illegal, but it's grounds for statutory (sp) rape.

anywho.. i just feel really sorry for the ones who were wrongfully accused for being a sex offender and have to be registered anyway...

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
nora said:
well 18 year olds should know better than to have sex with a 16 year old.. consented or not. not only is it illegal, but it's grounds for statutory (sp) rape.

anywho.. i just feel really sorry for the ones who were wrongfully accused for being a sex offender and have to be registered anyway...
I think what she meant was, while it may be illegal, its more of an ethical thing. 2 years diff, what is that? Are there not married couples with much larger age differences? I know of many. And while yes, they are younger, its 2 years, and 18 and 16? It probably isnt even the girls fault the guy gets in trouble with that, the parents probably found out, dont like the kid, whatever the case may be, and sue him. However the guy wasnt 30 and the girl 16. I think penalizing an 18 year old kid and ruining him for the rest of his life becaus ehe had sex with a girl 2 years younger than him is a little harsh, there should be more details on that whole age thing. Change the age from 18 to something alittle higher with regard to age of the minor in question. Heres something else, if it was an 18 year old girl and 16 yeard old boy, would people think of it more differently and take less offense to it? I think that that would most certaintly happen. But as for the rest of them, the child molesters, rapists, etc. The pedophiles, torch em, lock em up and throw away the key, its been proven they cant be cured. Its in fact a mental illness thats incureable, like alzheimers. Put them in a facility for the rest of their lives. Sympathy? Compassion because theyre mentally sick? Thanks, but were sold out.

S

silentjohn

Grinning Geckos said:
Big neon signs would work too.

I feel sorry for the FEW people that get labeled as a sex offender for doing things like oral sex (yes...it's illegal in some places), or being 18 and having consentual (sp?) sex with a 16 year old.
Beyond those few people, you can throw them all into a black hole for all I care.
Ummm, it's not consentual if one of them is 16. Legally anyway. I suppose you meant when they are only 2 years apart, or something of that nature. At any point I would disagree with you, the 18 year old knows it's illegal going into it. I know there are 16 year olds who are as mature as an adult, and some adults who are about as mature as a 14 year old. IMHO, the average 16 year old is extremely vulnerable to an 18 year olds will, so you have to draw the legal line somewhere.

S

silentjohn

Whoops, I see Nora and NY gecko were addressing the same notions (from both angles). Gotta quit responding to a post before I've read ahead. At any rate my point of dissagreeing is still pertinent.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
Ah, MOST know better...but is it fair for them to be labeled as a sex offender for the rest of their life?

A 16 and 17 year old are dating each other...they do what a lot of 16 and 17 year olds do. The, the 17 year old has a birthday, and now it's illegal for them to continue doing what they already were....think they will stop? A lot won't. The now 18 year old gets caught, parents are mad, and now the 18 year old has to register as a sex offender for the rest of his or her life. Sound fair to you?

If you don't think 16 and 17 year olds do that sorta thing, you are too far away from your own teenage years! LOL (I'm not saying ALL do...just more than enough of them)

brandy101010

As far as I know unless the law has changed. In New Jersey It is not considered statutory rape if there is less then a 2 year difference in age. I least thats what I have heard. I don't have anything to back this up so I could be wrong.

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
It depends on where you are. I know in VA it was the same...IE 16 and 18 OK, 17 and 19 OK. Since I met Eric at 17, I really stopped paying attention to what the local laws were regarding that. There are some STRANGE laws out there regarding sex, and the various things that go along with it. My whole point was, there are a few people that get labeled as sex offenders who really shouldn't be IMO.

Visit our friends