sexing? and breeding adivce?

katwal

i have two year and a half old crested geckos... i am having a hard time sexing them... i think they are both females but i am not sure.. they both have a small bump at the base of their tails Mojojojo's (aka Mojo) has a smaller one and Daisy has a small one but it's bigger than Mojo's... i will attach pictures when i can. If they turn out to be both females i'll have to find a male.. Any advice for breeding them?

Attachments

• IMG_20130116_192740.jpg
    IMG_20130116_192740.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52

katwal

i havent been able to afford a scale for them yet. how old do they have to be? they are both a year and a half.... any ideas to why mojo would be aggressive to daisy?

katwal

I feed them the complete gecko diet from repashy... and I also give them crickets every other night. Should I give them something else?

Amanda1

3 Year Member
CGD is perfect, and the adults don't need crickets that often. Once a week as a treat, if that. Mine don't get any at all. And you will definitely need a scale if you are going to be breeding them. They need to be at least 45 grams before being bred, and you will need to monitor the female's weight constantly to make sure she can handle the stress of being bred. As to why they don't get along, it may be a personality issue. Some geckos just don't like each other. I would separate them before one gets hurt. (Even if you are planning on breeding, you will need to keep the male and female separate most of the time because males have a tendancy to be aggressive).

Visit our friends