Sexing confusion

Perefalcon

Jill?????
ok, with this awesome harley I have been putting sooo many hopes on for this season comes a sudden issue....I think it's a female and not a male!!!

"It" is 30 grams, I see a slight bulge as show in the first pic, but as everyone can see in the second pic...there are no pores!!!!!!

when I first got a hold of this awesome harley there were prominent bulges...leaving me with no doubt of it's sex, but now....I DON'T KNOW!!!!! What's worse is I have a female of equal beauty coming to breed to this one, and if this one is in fact a female....uh oh.......

the crestie I'm talking about is the one in my avatar....

Perefalcon

Jill?????
that's what I was afraid of!!

I think this is a very rare occasion that someone is dissapointed that an amazing crestie like my little "It" (which may become her name hehehe) is female instead of male!!

Certainly makes her worth more to be female....but it doesn't make my life easier...I'm gonna go sulk and eat taco bell LOL

I agree looks to be female. At that size you should be able to tell for sure. I tried sharpening the image to see if I could see any more detail.. Couldn't see any pores.

Here are two pictures. First is of a definite males pore shot. Second is a definite females pore shot. Hope this helps you out.

maleciliatus.jpg

femaleciliatus.jpg

robin

dirtystinkystuff said:
I agree looks to be female. At that size you should be able to tell for sure. I tried sharpening the image to see if I could see any more detail.. Couldn't see any pores.

Here are two pictures. First is of a definite males pore shot. Second is a definite females pore shot. Hope this helps you out.

maleciliatus.jpg

femaleciliatus.jpg

by thirty grams it shouldnt be a question of pores or not you should actually see the hemipenile bulges. in cresteds geckos it is very appartny especially by this size of the sex

Perefalcon

Jill?????
I actually had to compare pores with my definate male I have here...because when I first got this one, it showed hemipenal bulges!!! I had no doubts that it was male...only recently I noticed that the bulges were not as prominent and last night I compared the pore area to my deffinate male

Visit our friends