She Ate!!

Pb48

3 wks ago I adopted a 2 yr old leopard gecko from a family member and have been trying to get her to eat, updating her cage, understanding the heating and INSECTS :oops:…and gut loading. For the last few days I have tried the gut loading I had been reading about with my worms I am keeping in her old 10 gallon tank. I am not sure if this was the reason or maybe she is finally feeling better from the move and stress of change. But last night, as usually before I go to bed, I held some meal worm to her. Not coated with anything cause I am just trying to get her to eat. and she didn’t shy away, she was alert and actually a bit comical in the way she became very attentive to the worm haha. then snatched it. I was so shocked I wanted to dance for joy! I grabbed a super worm and she ate that too! so now I am really excited (my husband is now laughing at me so excited:p) and coated a worm with vitamins…which she ignored:rolleyes:. and she didn’t eat anything else after. but its a start. I am super excited cause I was hoping she didn’t have any parasites! she still hasn’t had a normal bowel movement since that first time, but hopefully she will be ok. I did give her another bath and belly rub the other day. maybe that helped…or it was the gut loading …which i am 99% sure was never done at her previous home.

I want to give a shout out to this forum and all the help and suggestions from others as I learned all this..Thank you!!:cool:

Visit our friends