She hatched early:

We had a baby leo hatch the other day and get a little "diggy" in the container before we got him out of the incubator. He ended up rolling a couple of eggs and one of those eggs hatched earlier a couple of weeks early. She's okay and is moving around and seems pretty healthy, despite her small size, but the sack is still attached to her belly. And it's not looking like it's going to come off any time soon. I imagine in this circumstance she will need a little bit of extra care, but what does that special care consist of exactly? Thanks in advance for any advice. :)

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I don't think you have to do anything too special. Keep her warm, make sure the floor of the cage is well-misted so the yolk sac doesn't dry on the floor and get stuck. If she's really that small, she should probably be housed by herself. I've had really small ones that did fine and grew up to be big huge geckos.

ALiza

geckochick89

I had a hatchling come out of her egg with her yolk sac still attached. I put her on her own in a small container with a moist paper towel. She still ended up popping her yolk sac but she survived just fine. Just keep an eye on her, and if it does pop, don't freak out. Just try to make sure she starts eating alright.

TranceZ

#1 best thing to do is keep her warm and hydrated! Spray that tub or cage down well so there is water everywhere at all times for her to soak up and drink. I usually crank up the temps to 95* for my hatchlings and they seem to do great.

Visit our friends