shedding problems! PLZ PLZ HELP!!!!!

jess

hello there, i am having serious shedding problems with my leo!!!! he hasn't shed in a long time now & yes he does have a moist hide, on the hot side of the tank. the temp is usually between 80-94 degrees as it should be. i use an uth too btw. his diet consists of mealworms & waxworms. his bedding is repti-carpet and i have spagnum moss in his moist hide. i have a gatorade lid with calcium powder in it at all times. okay, here's the problem. about a month ago i noticed his eyesight was off. when i'd drop the mealworms in for him to eat, he would try to bite it, but he would miss, a lot!! i was beginning to worry, thinking he had some kind of eye problem. well than i got thinking, maybe it's because he's been having shedding problems. which turns out to be the problem. lately i've been putting wet paper towel in a little tuppa ware dish with a couple cm of water. putting him in the tuppa ware dish on his heating pad to create moisture, to help him shed. well now i can see that he has skin trying to come off on his eyes. not on his eyelids or around his eyes, but there was skin literally on his eyes. i tried to get it off with a q tip, but than he would close his eyes. he hasn't ate in a little over a week now and i'm really starting to get worried. does ANYONE have any kind of advice? anything i can do to aid in shedding & to get the skin off of his eyes so he can see to actually eat?!?!?! i have been doing the tuppaware dish treatment every night!!!! but he still can't see to eat & i still haven't seen any skin comming off of his actual body. also, he rarely opens his eyes. but since i've been doing the tuppa ware thing, i've noticed he will open his eyes more often while in the dish & will lick his eyes a lot. as if he is trying to get the extra skin off. his color isn't bright at all, he's been very dull & his feet are almost like a gray, purplish color. plz if anyone has any advice, send it my way!!!!!!! really really need to get my little guy back on track!!!!

Caleb C

Do you have a picture?
The moist hide should go on the cool side, as the heat from the hot side will make it evaporate really fast, and make the whole tank very humid.
repti-shedding-aid.jpg

I've heard some nice things about this product, so i'd check some reviews and see whether you would like to buy it.

jenna

:( Mabey you should take him to a vet before he loses his site. And good luck!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
He may have shed on his eyes, but he also may have cloudy eyes because he has an infection. You could try flushing his eyes with some clean, warm water and a q-tip but he may need a vet visit and antibiotics.

Aliza

Visit our friends