2812709712_8e3be214a5_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22483876@N05/2812709712/
and my African fat tail Monster's house
2811860899_a512b363e4_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22483876@N05/2811860899/

R

rich07

DSC00144-1.jpg

this is my stack not yet finished,got to get the glass cut to the proper sizes.

T

tryme

I like the stacks but what species are you holding? leo's need atleast two hides + moist hide and a warm and cool end. You only have one hide and one moist hide per enclosure, which doesn't seem enough?

They wont feel comfortable venturing to the front of that enclosure especially in the day. If they are forced to the front due to it being to warm at the back then this will stress them greatly as they will be in full view and not feel secure at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

nats

tryme said:
I like the stacks but what species are you holding? leo's need atleast two hides + moist hide and a warm and cool end. You only have one hide and one moist hide per enclosure, which doesn't seem enough?

They wont feel comfortable venturing to the front of that enclosure especially in the day. If they are forced to the front due to it being to warm at the back then this will stress them greatly as they will be in full view and not feel secure at all.

Yeah, he wouldnt be able to provide any kind of temp gradient in those little cubes either :main_no:

Sorry guy, I think you need to go back to the drawing board :)

leonut

guys, i wouldn't criticize his work untill you get more info at least.
such as; is this temporary? which side is the heat on? Etc.

T

tryme

even if it had heat one the back or the front he would still need a hide on the ''cool'' side.

R

rich07

tryme said:

yes this is tempory intill my stack is built,there are hides for the cool end,photo was taken when cleaning,hides were getting cleaned,there for leos,you have picked up on ther only being one hide and moist,look at some of the setups on here they only have one hide and moist dont see you saying anything to them?temps are fine in them all and its cool by the glass end,its heated by heatcable at the back.the geckos are fine theyare not stressed and like coming up to the glass.y would they not feel secure?its just the same as a glass tank.

T

tryme

Sorry I must of missed the ones who only have one hide and a moist hide. The point is, Leo's like being under things or ''covered up'' in the day light. So if they are too hot say, at the back under a hide, this may eventually force them to come into view. (i.e to cool down they will be uncovered at the front of your enclosure). If they are out in daylight and in clear view they often get stressed as they feel vulnerable to predators etc.

Unfortunately, there is no denying this fact. It's instinct, they are nocturnal and don't like being out during the day, especially when they are in full view.

leolover23

Bounsall06 said:
Thanks. I still need to get some backgrounds for the last two....but they are coming along. My babies are funny to watch....I bought one of the exo terra ride hiding things (where you but the moss inside and the lid lifts off)....well I lifted the lid earlier and could only see one gecko....there should be 2......and the 2nd was nowhere to be found, so I moved the moss around....and the 2nd was burrowed under all of the moss......pretty sure that leopard geckos are not naturally burrowers.
They sound so cute! I let my leo run around in my millions of stuffed animals and he LOVES to bury himself in them as well! :D

R

rich07

Bling_my_leo said:
Hey Rick. I LOVE the family guy painting on your wall! It's awesome!
thanks i have the whole room painted in diffrenet ones,there nearly finished

L

LeapinLizard

No gecko in here yet, but ...

... here's my tank. It's a 10 gallon. I already had the tank, and the wire mesh top, and just bought everything else. A friend of mine said she has a 20L (or it might be a 30) that I can have, although I really really want a front-opening terrarium like a Visionarium or something. The tank is above my computer, and the shelf is a little low, so I think it's probably best to have something that opens from the front.

I think 10 gallons will do for now since he's only 6 months old. Hopefully by the time he's a year, I'll have him properly set up in a larger home.

newgeckotank1.jpg

newgeckotank2.jpg

I still have to put a calcium dish in there. Or it might go in the gray bowl by the plastic succulent. The stick on under the green hanging plant is a humidity gauge, and the one behind the log hide is stuck almost to the floor and is the cool side. I have a digital thermometer for the warm side, but that isn't in the tank yet. The moist hide is the shedding stump with moss, and you can see the probe for the thermostat. I wish i could add a third hide, but I think that won't happen until I get the larger tank.

And here's the picture of the lil guy from his breeder. He arrives Wednesday!

babygecko.jpg

L

LeapinLizard

tryme said:
hey not a bad set up and a good start.

Thanks. :) I've had about a month to set this up, so it was plenty of time for reading, and researching and planning.

I'm pretty excited. My first leo, and no idea what he looks like because the only pictures I've seen of him are as a baby. But I find out in a few days.

hybrid

Nice! What are you using for heat in those containers? I would like to start mine soon like urs but i need to know the best way to heat all the cages. Someone told me heat tape.

Visit our friends