Show pigeon shot by a bb gun!

John N

JCN Reptiles
Well my cousin just bought a house, an the last owner owned a pigeon that would be let out in the morning an fly around the property and would go back inside its cage at night, and he gave it to my cousin. My cousin been in this house for a week now an everything been great, then today we come back to see his bird all torn apart and b-b gun pellets everywhere. We understand if a cat or something ate it after it was shot, but being shot in the begining is just wrong. I don't see why anyone would even consider shooting such a beatiful animal ( he was a all white bodied, brown/red wings and a fantaile). I recommended them to call the police an atlease get a report written down but they don't feel it's needed, because they don't want to cause drama :main_rolleyes: . I'm just surprised that someone would walk up to the house an shot the bird like that...

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
John N said:
because they don't want to cause drama :main_rolleyes:

They aren't the ones that started the drama, whom ever shot the bird started it. Probably some kids that thought they were cool because they had a BB gun :main_no:

Val

That's sad, John. I would have called the police as well, that's completley uncalled for.

The NY Gecko

Don't Get So Carried Away
Shooting show birds is beyond rediculous, you wanna kill something that badly go get a hunting license and hunt pheasants, as long as your gunna eat the bird. I hate senseless killing. You hunt it, you kill it, you eat it, but that right there is just retarded.

K

KatieB

I would call the police or at least get some type of security system. Who knows what the person might torment next :\

LeosForLess

Just about a week ago my friend has some kids tie an M80 to his dads back truck window and BOOM it blew off. They still havent caught the kids, they stay up everynight to try to tough, and i think they did call the cops.

N

nora

well i will say that calling the police wont do any good since it's just a "bird" to them. Plus the pigeon was technically let loose by the owner's own free will, so there again, nothing the police will get involved with... Now if the pidgeon is registered in your brother's name as a show animal with the county, then yes the police may get involved.. its a touch and go situation..

If I were you john, i would probably call fish and game instead and see what they say and what can be done. Chances are, this can happen again.

Visit our friends