sick

Jordan1

I got a pinstripe leopard gecko a couple of weeks ago and it was healthy other then its pencil tail but now it seems to be really sick its throwing up all its food and im not close to any pet co./pet smart to buy repta-aid and like i said its throwing up mealworms around its bathroom in the corner of the tank and i don't understand my cousin dawson has the same problem and i was reading all the replies and stuff but i still can't understand whats happening to our geckos.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Very sorry to hear your poor gecko is sick :(
It could be parasites... Or it could also be impaction. What kind of substrate are you feeding on? Have you tried a different food source like maybe crickets?

Jordan1

i had it on repti-carpet until i discovered a peice of fibre in the geckos poop so i removed it and i have it on paper towel now but there must be something wrong with the food because my cousin Dawson has the same problem with his gecko but i never had any problems in the past it started when i bought a big load of mealworms from the pet store "pet's unlimited" and the same for my cousin he bought some mealworms a couple of days ago before the throwing up happened could it be something in the meal worm? the mealworms come from the same source at my pet store in cape breton the mealworms come from halifax and at the store in halifax where my cousin get them have mealworms from the same breeder/seller/source any idea's?

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Do you and Dawson meet , like, physically, very often? I'm wondering if you've got a parasite or sickness? if not then follow the mealworms as a possible vector.

There is definatly something weird here. I've never had a leo regurgitate. Not like snakes do, from stress. How is the geckos acting?? Is it hiding, or lethargic?

But change food suppliers anyway!

Jordan1

Me and dawson are cousin but we do not meet often and i believe it was eating to much because i gave it one small one and instead of regurgitating it pooped so i think it was eating to big of meal before so im feeding it less mealworms a day 1-3 atleast

Geckomaster743

Thats great to hear, Glad you both eased up on Over feeding. Your geckos digestion probably couldn't handle so much food at once making it throw up. Let me get you some feeding advice that will help in the future.
Fresh Baby Leo's: No Meal Worms for the First week. Only Water/Calcium
Small Leo's: 2 - 3 Worms a Day.
Juvenile Leo's: 3 Worms a Day
Adult Leopard Geckos: 3 - 4 a Day.

Never Suddenly start over feeding your Geckos/Etc. Thankfully my idea on easing your geckos Eatting habits was mentioned! So glad to hear that your Leo is better. How is Dawsons?

Geckomaster743

Jordan, I just took a look at your profile photo.....Calcium Sand???? Get your Geckos off that stuff if they are on it. Its meant for Bearded dragons and Impaction can be adding to the throwing up Problem. Do not listen to Pet Stores. Forum's have experienced people that aren't always playing in the book but rather deal with there animals hand on hand.

Visit our friends