Sick

Jordan1

My oldest leopard gecko hasnt been eating for the last 1-2 weeks im worried and i don't have enough experience to syringe feed it.I found a white clob hanging low off the side of the tank and i took my magnified glass and rip it apart with my plyers and it almost look like samller fibres of paper towel so i checked the paper towel substrate for any missing part or loss of fibre hairs and found nothing so i put it aside and a few days after it started throwing up and wouldnt eat so i left it alone and handled it less often but it didnt work.And i dont know how but she's pooping alot but it stopped for a day and i found out it has diareah and its really sick.Is there something i could do or something to do anything can someone identify whats wrong so i can take care of it from that?

Jordan1

at first i thought she wasnt getting calcium so i put a dish of it in and i cleaned everything from plant to tank but its still sick and i keep atleast 3 mealworms in cage at all times to see if sometime in day it would eat but when i came home and checked there they were right infront of its nose laying there and she wont even show any interest whatsoever and i tried a variety of foods, mealworms,crickets and superworms my pet store does not have cockroaches or any other insect but they have pinkies and i dont and never will give my gecko one or 2 or more doesnt matter which size if it small or big.

Jordan1

it is around 7 and a half - 8 months old and i will be making a pet run soon because im low on supplies but ill try it

Jordan1

temp is 73-75 degrees farenheit 20-22 degrees celcius butt yeah im making my trip to the pet store tmr and ill make sure to buy some and how to you feed it to your gecko?

Caleb C

Temps should be 85-90, get a heating pad for the bottom. Reptitherm by zoo med is fine. You dab some in the moutht, and it will lick it. Comes with a plastic syringe.

Geckomaster743

What was his behavior like before this happened and what did you do the day before you noticed this. Second heres my Advice. Caleb pretty much topped it off with the Flukers Repta - Aid, I use it all the time if my geckos are ever sick but its not a long term soloution. Right now keep your gecko alive and offer food as much as possible. Do NOT leave Crickets in the cage with your gecko. ( They will bite and nibble on there soft parts ). I also suggest your crank up the heat to around 80F In the day and 73 - 78 At night. Make sure to wash the cage and that brings some thing else to mind. Did you use Soap - Listerine or any thing that contains corrosive acid or some thing dangerous to your gecko when cleaning the substrate. And Replace the Paper towel daily.

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Jordan, any update today on how he's doing? Have you found a suitable vet yet?

Jordan1

her behavior is normal it does all its normal things like climb around move around in its cage and stuff and before anything happened it was laying on my lap and as i put it back it was sick the next day,

I dont use and never did use any soap or other liquids beside water/i only use water

temp in tank is dropping down to 69F and its shaky in day 69-70-80F im trying to sustain 80F with heat lamp and heat pad but its not working so im leaving it alone with the regular temp 75F.

My pet store does not sell any kind of repti-boost-repta aid but i took it to the pet store and they gave an analysis and said that around spring and months females tend to think their pregnant but arent actually are so im hooked on that from its behavior like digging around in its cage, liking up alot of calcium and drinking water.

its very healthy at the moment with a fatter tail then its suppose to be shes my healthiest gecko!

right now she is doing a little better but she stopped pooping and so i figured in a couple of days she'll be fine but she threw up in the past when this sick thing began and then she had solid poops and a couple days ago she had diareah and now she had a poop and stopped completely

i have liquid calcium in her water dish they told me to add it in so she gets enough calcium and i put alot less because its 2 drops every teaspoon of water and i have atleast 4-6 teaspoons in dish so i only put 2 drops im scared i might put to much.

humidity hide is always moist because she loves going in there so im trying different things to get her happy and about the vet like i said there is one vet in my region but i cant make an appointement for another month because shes gone away on some bussiness thing in truro but i took her to the pet store and stuff

does this help any?

Jordan1

ok, ill try to make it around 85F for now until my heat pad is replaced because i think the cord got a little scraped up when i moved the tank to a better location

Geckomaster743

ok, ill try to make it around 85F for now until my heat pad is replaced because i think the cord got a little scraped up when i moved the tank to a better location
Sounds like shes doing good for the Most part. Like Caleb said work on the Heat and I just have to suggest you keep giving her vitamins. Her behavior sounds correct because its true this is breeding season. Other then that I have a question what does her throwup look like? I want to confirm that it is throw up because through out the 8 Months i have had my Geckos ive never heard of throwing up.

Jordan1

well it seems to be like a greenish most times but its dries and it look like poop but there was a few times she threw up and there will be parts of crickets and mealworms and stuff and the poop looks brownish-greenish at times and dries to be brown and my gecko just recently stopped pooping and throwing up but shes still not eating so im still going on the theorie of it thinking its pregnant

Visit our friends