Side by side

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
I know it's not this simple, but I can't imagine an animal colored like him but patterned like her.... :main_evilgrin: The male is a very interesting copper color that is washed out in the picture. They're in "winter" right now, and still new to me, but hopefully this summer I may get some eggs from them.

IMG_0235.jpg

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
you guys keep posting these uros and i'm gonna have to cave and get some, dammit

nice looking geckos man, love the patterns and coloration

Hannibal

Gray Sky Exotics
Love them! Hope they give you some nice fertile eggs this summer. I was going to get my husband a pair for his birthday next week, but he wanted a puppy first.....so, As soon as we can get rid of our house guest and turn that room back into our gecko room I'm getting myself a pair of uros. I've been wanting a pair for the last 2 years.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Lookin great man! I think that male is one of the sexiest fimbs I've ever seen, definately lucked out on that one! Hopefully we both hatch some out this year, maybe get some bloodline trades goin. ;)

Northstar Herp

Rhacs and Uros, oh boy!!!
you guys keep posting these uros and i'm gonna have to cave and get some, dammit

nice looking geckos man, love the patterns and coloration

Love them! Hope they give you some nice fertile eggs this summer. I was going to get my husband a pair for his birthday next week, but he wanted a puppy first.....so, As soon as we can get rid of our house guest and turn that room back into our gecko room I'm getting myself a pair of uros. I've been wanting a pair for the last 2 years.

Those are awesome! If I wasn't maxed out and waiting for babies..............

I can't speak for anyone else, but I will admit that one of my express purposes for posting the pics of my Uros is to get you all to get your own. They are some of the coolest animals I own, and at least so far have not shown themselves to be fragile whatsoever. As long as the humidity is kept up and they have room, they keep just like my rhacs without the CGD option.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
I can't speak for anyone else, but I will admit that one of my express purposes for posting the pics of my Uros is to get you all to get your own. They are some of the coolest animals I own, and at least so far have not shown themselves to be fragile whatsoever. As long as the humidity is kept up and they have room, they keep just like my rhacs without the CGD option.

Totally agree. I really think the hype about them being made of glass is rather blown up. Generally if you follow some common sense rules and keep temps and humidity stable they're as hardy as any other arboreal species I've kept. Edit: Just so you know, this only applies to species like fimbriatus, henkeli, sikorae and lineatus. Phantasticus is a whole notha level of Uroplatus, they ARE that delicate. I don't have experience with guntheri or pietschmanni so I can't comment on those.

uroplatus99

Totally agree. I really think the hype about them being made of glass is rather blown up. Generally if you follow some common sense rules and keep temps and humidity stable they're as hardy as any other arboreal species I've kept. Edit: Just so you know, this only applies to species like fimbriatus, henkeli, sikorae and lineatus. Phantasticus is a whole notha level of Uroplatus, they ARE that delicate. I don't have experience with guntheri or pietschmanni so I can't comment on those.

I think Phants are in the same boat... but key is the attention to detail. Food, water, good regular mistings, and I think you are set. don't get too hot, don't get too cold. I don't think they are as hard as some think. But I will say to get them just right for breeding is the difficult part. Keeping any Uroplatus requires someone (don't want to use the term experineced) who can see the signs, read between the lines, and know what they need to begin with, and provide that to them!. At one point GTP where hard to keep for most, and now that there is some what of an understanding, its much easier than back in the day. Only thing I can tell people who want these is to give the study a go first, then keep... I don't think anyone should be discouraged from keeping Uropaltus, but encouraged to learn!

Visit our friends