Sikorae weight loss

scintillatingstar

I bought 2 CB sikorae- male and female.
Came into me in great shape, looking fat and healthy and awesome.
They both took an initial weight loss- i figured it was the stress of shipping and a new home.
Its been a while now- a month or so and the male is gaining weight and the female is dropping. She came in around 25 (I cant remember the exact) and when i weighed her August 28th she was at 22g. She is now, as of tonight, down to 18 and its 10 days later.

They are CB so they shouldnt have parasites. The male is doing great. I put plenty of Crickets in there for them to hunt so there really isnt competition..what could be wrong?

I'm going to put her in an inverted 10gallon to get a fecal and make sure she is eating....i dont know what else to do.

Any helps appreciated,
Jill

mikek

I have had the same experience with cb Henkeli recently. These are younger and smaller than your Sikorae but were the same size and weight as one another when purchased. Like yourself, I was putting ample prey items in and couldn't figure out why one was steadily growing while the other started to lose weight.
I separated them a month ago and thay are both fine now. The smaller one didn't show immediate signs of getting back on track and it took 2-3 weeks (and a lot of faith !) before I saw improvements. I am no expert but have learned that an aggressive feeder can really affect the health and food intake of a cagemate.

Best of luck !

babypiggy

even tho reptiles are captive breed
they can still get parasites

so u should do a fecal test to make sure

i once had a beardie who got parasites fromcrickets

Visit our friends