Small Area of Stuck Shed

CinTob

Hi!

So, my approx. 5-6 month old Crimson Day shed about a week or more ago. It went well, and quickly, but there was a small piece left on its tail. I didn't really think anything of it, but am now reading that it may be a problem. I really don't want to try to handle him, as I'm thinking this would be a bigger issue. But, what do I know? That's why I'm asking! Pic of its tail attached. Gecko Tail.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I agree that handling it won't be a good idea. See if you can increase the humidity (maybe mist twice a day for awhile). I don't think shed in that area is too bad since it's not constricting anything. Hopefully it will come off soon.

Aliza

I don't know if this is an option for you, but when my gecko had stuck shed persisting on his toes, my vet gave me an over-the-counter solution that worked like a charm. It might be worth asking and having on hand, along with keeping a moist hide and good humidity. During shed I also like to make sure he has a big water dish and plenty of hard surfaces/hides.

CinTob

Thanks for your reply. The rea came off with the next shed. This is all great advice. Take Care!

Visit our friends