Smooth knob tail gecko

M

Matty

I have some questions about the smooth knob tail gecko,are they they hard to care for,what are the housing housing requirements,temps and feeding.

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
They Are not particularly hard to care for though I would not recommend them for beginners who have not had geckos before. They do have more specific needs then say a leopard gecko. they are more delicate and can stress much more easily. I would not recommend handling much at all. 10 to 20 gallon tank sand substrate warm spot prefrable belly heat of 85 to 90°F. with a hide on both the warm end and the cool end. I mist mine down most every night so they can drink droplets and increase humidity in there micro climate. in my case mine likes to hang out most of the time in his cool hide during the day(about 70 to 75 ° DTT). So I mist that and drench the hide in this case a ceramic plant soccer turned upside down with a hole carved into it. they do not do will when over fed, extra feeders in their enclosure can really stress them out. So only feed a few feeders at a time 3 to 4 a night about 4 or 5 time a week.( Again make sure to check for any left over feeder insects before you feed again.) I feed mine crickets small super worms ocassionaly big ones and dubia roaches.
Not to say this is the only way of keeping them . But this his how I have kept mine successfully for the past several years. there is much info on the web just do a google search on Smooth Knob Tail Care.
Good Luck.
Here is a link to our setup for them http://geckoforums.net/showthread.php?t=17362&highlight=levis

Last edited:

Visit our friends