So mad at myself.

garner63080

GarnerGeckos
Just a rant about my own stupidity. So my wife brings home this probably 6 week old crested gecko. And for some reason I didn't even think about it and we put it in a coco fiber substrate which I know better, I don't know why I didn't think to change it. and stupid me didn't even think whenever my wife put some baby food in to try to get the little guy to eat. so a couple days later we went to check on a guy and to my dismay he had gotten the baby food right in his mouth and pack of Coca fiber and suffocated. I know this is such a Rooky mistake and I don't know why I allowed myself to do it but like I said unfortunately he died and I can't take that back but I'm going to take it as a learning experience don't underestimate myself. My careless thinking cost this little guy his life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Scratius

When I first started keeping cresties about 7 years ago, I bought a gorgeous female to pair with my male. I saved up all summer in order to get the best looking female, she was about $300 with shipping. I was a sophomore in high school so that was a lot of money!

I was way too excited to put the 2 together and didn't quarantine her, hell I didn't even give her a day or 2 to relax. I put her in the tank and went to bed. The next morning I found the poor thing dead at the bottom with her tail dropped. I've never felt so awful or so stupid.

I know the feel bro.

Visit our friends