solid-ish poop surrounded by pool of foul smelling fluid???

ggg111

My leo has recently been pooping in the poop corner which is solid, but slightly mushy, and there is a puddle of water around the poop about 1-2 inches wide in all directions. It smells awful. I do not see that white hard thing thats usually attached to the poop.

Whats going on with my leo?? Is she OK? Thank you!!!!!

mariex4

im having same problem ,but mines only started since i changed my leos diet ,but the 2 latest ones hes had was a white stool with bit of water round it and last night was a white stool again but with what looked to me as an orange sort of melded in with the white ,but Runny poo can be caused from a parasite, only a urate (white part) can be caused from impaction, stress, change of diet.
this is what my leos urates looks like now it looks kinda reddy pink but its like an orange colour now but still no dark poo hope this helps

for impaction get a plastic tub and put water in make sure the water is 92F and get a lig with holes in and place the leo in there for about 20 mins this is ment to move the blockage if your leo has one ,try not to feed him for 2 days and see if his poos come back normal that the stage im at now make sure the temp in viv/tank is between 80-90f

Last edited:

snared99

Luxurious Leopards
What is your suppliment regiment? If there is too much betacaratene(cant spell) in the diet the urate will turn orange.yellow. Also it could be a parasite issue like pinworm/coccidea or crypto. I would get a fecal sample done at a vet.

mariex4

ok ive just been to my local pet store and they said to worm him as this can cause runny poo , ive also got him some liquid vits as im sure hes not eating the powder but this way i know he will be getting some , ive just dosed him with the wormer and have to do it again in a week fingers crossed ,,, i feed mine on locus but not anymore as this has started since i started him on the so hes going back to the black and light brown crickets

Visit our friends