Some new additions to Golden Gate Geckos!

G

Gecko

Why are they called designer? I thought the striped form was a naturally occuring type. Just wondering . . .

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Well, they are called Yucatan Banded geckos, and even though aberrant patterns are not that uncommon. I don't think fully striped morphs are, though. I don't know too many folks working with these guys as much at C. mitratus (Central American Banded Geckos).

G

Gecko

Ah OK. I had heard further up north actually on the Yucatan the striped morph was more common then further south.

I was just wondering if the stripes had been enhanced or something.

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I did even more research on the C. elegans, and found these photos of them in their 'wild' form. It appears that the Europeans have been working on developing the fully striped morph, and they are quite popular over there.

C.elegans1.jpg

C_elegans_puente.jpg

G

Gecko

Golden Gate Geckos said:
I would LOVE to know where you got that information!

I'll try and look it up. It may have been in a book about reptiles of the yucatan or something along those lines. I swear I've seen pictures of specimens from that area that were almost fully stripped.

Jeanne

Abbie's Human
Wow Marcia! They are some REALLY cool Geckos! I remember a time when you only had Leo's, and thought you wouldn't have any other species, now look at you :)

Visit our friends