Some of our Whiteout 100% Het Amels we hatched.

JasonG

So back when I was getting into fat tails I purchased some whiteouts and some amels. About a day after I put some pairs together, I discovered that Amel x Whiteout had some genetic issues. I thought, oh my... This is not good. Well a few months later I have a few clutches and have hatched out some Whiteout females 100% het amel. Both seem to be doing great and it looks like I stumbled onto an interesting project here. Here are some pics.

whiteout.jpg whiteout.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Interesting. Are you hoping to try for whiteout amels despite the potential genetic problems? I think someone on here did successfully produce that combination, but I may be wrong.

Aliza

geckobabies

African Fat Tails <3
You are not wrong. There have been a few produced. The question is how many have failed to live/thrive to produce the couple that have lived. That's what I am looking forward to finding out if I can ever get the breeders to share it :)

Pretty babies Jason congrats and please share your success (or failures) with that project with us.

JasonG

Interesting. Are you hoping to try for whiteout amels despite the potential genetic problems? I think someone on here did successfully produce that combination, but I may be wrong.

Aliza

I actually stumbled into this project by mistake. I did not realize the project had genetic issues until after pairings had happened. We will see how it goes though. I have a few more eggs cooking and 2 whiteout het amel females that are eating me out of house and home right now!

JasonG

Thank you, if it turns out bad then I have an awesome group of pets that my kids already adore. If it turns out good where we can produce amel whiteouts even better.

One thing that is super awesome is they have such a great feeding response. They eat non stop.

Visit our friends