someone help me

D

Dnice440ex

ok she has been shedding a lot and she finally shed last time and that was like last week. but now her head and only one patch on her back is peeling again. i mean she is tryign to get it off by rubbing against a log i have in there and now she has open sores but i haev ointment to put on it. but the other thing is her stool is green and i dont know why. does anyone know what would cause this.

robin

first of all does she have a humid hide? second green poo... is it always gren? has it just started?
bad sheding and odd colored poo can be a sign of internal parasites. you should take her to the vet for a fecal or see if you can take in a FRESH sample

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
Please tell us how this gecko is being housed, what kind of substrate it is on, what the warm and cool temperatures are, how long you have had the gecko, how it has been eating, if it is housed by itself.... I would like to help you, but these things are important.

brandy101010

The green poo could be from the gecko shedding so much. (they eat their shed) I Have read that a sure way to know when your hatchling has had it's first shed is if you find green poo. So this is just a guess. I would take a fresh fecal sample to the vet to get tested for parasites. Also make sure you have all your husbandry correct.

D

Dnice440ex

well i have her on newspaper she has a humid house i have a uva and uvb light on during the say with a basteing light and a purple uv night light with an under the tank heater only on one side. i have had her for a year and 7 months it just started not to long ago . she wasnt eating so i brought her to the vet and he gave her a shot and she was eating again. she has been eating 2 to 4 crickets a night. i do put the calcium and vitamins on the crickets and i gut feed them. so i have no clue whats wrong.

D

Dnice440ex

ok during the day it up to like 93 on the hot side and like 80 to 85 on the cold. she has a humid hut and a log to hide umder. i shut off her heat lamp for the night and its like 75 now with 75 percent humidity

Last edited by a moderator:

Grinning Geckos

Tegan onboard.
That's very humid for a leo. Do you have a waterfall in there? If so, it should come out. They need a humid hide to assit shedding, but too much humidity in the general enviroment leads to illnesses.

Also, are those the surface temperatures? What type of thermometer did you use (it does make a difference). If they are the surface temps, then that is ok.

My #1 suspect is parasites, followed by too much humidity.

Visit our friends