Soooo, how often does everyone clean their tanks and

LizMarie

I spot clean daily.
Change Substrate Weekly.
Scrub down Monthly.

- At the end of the month I take the cage place it in the tub and clean it with chlorhexidine and rinse it out, dry and put it right back

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I also spot clean daily. But I only change substrate and wipe the tanks every 1-2 months...(yes, I'm lazy).

When I do the big cleans, I wash their plastic furniture with detergent; scrub their wood with plain water and bake dry; and wipe the glass tanks with chlorhexadine.

lillith

lillith's leo lovables
I change out the paper towels if they've gotten torn up or super-cruddy, but I do the scrubdown weekly, I use antiseptic wipes and rise really, really, well.

I sanitize in dilute bleach solution once a month unless a water dish seems to be getting "icky" sooner.

So, clean weekly, sanitize monthly; unless otherwise warranted, then sooner.

F

fikken

depends on the substrate and setup. i clean this rock ramp that my geckos poo on daily or every other day. my substrate remains very clean so i haven't changed it since i put the new substrate in a week ago

B

BioWorkZ

Spot clean daily for the tubs in the rack. I would clean the 40 gallon tank once a week. I wipe things down if necessary. But not regularly.

justindh1

I clean all of my tanks every week to two weeks with diluted bleach and diluted windex. I never go past more then 2 weeks on a good overall cleaning of everything.

Friedbread

I do the usual spot cleanings and changing of humid hide paper towels every few days. My geckos tend to get calcium everywhere so for my repti-carpets, I take them out and use the hose extension on the vaccuum to clean them. Then I clean the vaccuum extension of course. ;)

joshua

i have 2 green anoles so they poop little so i just wipe there poop off the leaves and i change the substrate monthely

Visit our friends