Special Shoots

Styx

The suffering my critters endure...

Kidding, of course. But I definitely like to take fun photos with the reptiles and I would like to eventually compile enough for a calendar. No doubt the new tegu will fall victim to this in the future...

Easter - 2010
This is Jonquil, now owned by a friend. I made the ears and dyed dud viper tailed gecko eggs with food dye for this shoot.
EasterGecko2CM.jpg

EasterGecko1CM.jpg

Easter - 2011
Found some old decorations my mother had made when we were kids. She was throwing them out so I accosted some for photos.
Vegaeaster2011c.jpg

Geckoeggeaster.jpg

X-mas
This is Eclair. Craft store had some small trees and small decorations. I made the hat. Took me like 4 hours to make that hat LOL.
xmas2.jpg

xmas1.jpg

Valentine's Day
I've got a gargoyle gecko named Valentine. See how this happened? Day after sale at Target was a great way to pick up cheap roses. The wings I bought off a craft site and adjusted them to sit nicely on Valentine's back. He kept falling asleep during the shoot so it wasn't hard to get him to hold still.
Vday6.jpg

Vday5.jpg

Vday4.jpg

vday3.jpg

Vday2.jpg

Vday1.jpg

Gecko Tea Party
This all started with this photo I took ages ago:
Gecko_Tea_Party_by_styx_leagon.jpg

I liked the concept and wanted to give it another go with better equipment. And this was the result. This is Lumina and Sakura.
TeaParty2011-3.jpg

TeaParty2011-2.jpg

TeaParty2011-1.jpg

Styx

Oh, they could drink their "tea". It was just watered down honey with some lavender buds in it. I have little dishes to put the CGD in for another shoot.

Amanda1

3 Year Member
This is the greatest thing ever. Just...wow. I LOVE dressing up my reptiles (my tortoise was a witch for Halloween last year), but somehow I don't think my cresties would let me put hats on them. Then again, I haven't tried...yet. :p

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
Ahahahah these are EXCELLENT!
We should definitely put together a Gecko Calendar for 2013!

Styx

Haha, thanks. Glad you guys like them. Hopefully I will get some more shoots done soon. I bought this tiny little range and tiny little pans...

Niners72

Life is short...love it!
The crestie tea party is priceless!! I wonder if they take cream or sugar in their tea?

Visit our friends