Speckled Kingsnake

RyuuKirin

This cutie doesn't have a name yet, and is currently in a tank that's too small but we'll fix that, hopefully, over the weekend.

Anyway, we found him while we were clearing a friend's backyard. She freaked out, and rather than killing him, she gave him to DH since he wanted a snake.

IMAG0427.jpg

I don't know too much about snakes, so any info would be awesome.

Dimidiata

Just should have relocated it. You dont have the set up for it, so just let it go. You want a snake, go buy/rescue one. Wild caught snakes dont make the best first pets.

ElapidSVT

lolwut?
wild caught snakes of the proper species make wonderful pets in most cases. that's how our hobby began! it doesn't take much to set up a proper cage, so i wish you the best of luck with your new captive. it looks like a nice animal. i wouldn't really recommend restraining it the way the photo shows, the animal will be happier if you let it hold you rather than you holding it.

good luck!
rob

RyuuKirin

We were about to put him in a shoe box til we finished her yard, hence the hold. He has a decent set up for right now- a little small, but until we know he's going to eat, and be OK, we're not taking any chances. If we have to let him go, we will.

Visit our friends