Super Stinger Starburst

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368110880.775741.jpg
Super Stinger Starburst

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368110910.924369.jpg
Cool Starburst tail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I am confused a little bit about the genetics behind the Starburst. If you produce visuals and combos in the first generation then it (IMO) wouldn't be a poly trait. It would be crosses or influence the combo, but would not be a Starburst. Have you put it through breeding trials to fully determine the mode of inheritance?

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
Travis, I'm not the originator of the morph. The original Starburst are polygenic. I started with a 1.3 group of normals and every single offspring display the Starburst trait.

With that being said Polygenic traits can express themselves once bred to a non-related gecko. Skin color in humans is a polygenic trait. You will have varying degrees of coloration, but the coloring is obvious. It can be diluted if not bred back to an original. Example Hyper Xanthic and Bold Stripes.

If it is a different trait then the original Starbursts than I will find out this year. I'm breeding the original male back to 2 of his offspring. I'm also breeding the F2's and F3's in to Caramels and Anery/Oreos.

Visit our friends