Still looking for info about Lateralis Roaches...

scarlett1784

I am looking into getting some lateralis roaches for my AFT to try (heard that they can be scared of the Dubia roaches). He is EXTREMELY picky, hasn't eaten anything but crickets, so I am really hoping he will like them, as I am beginning to despise crickets. I have a few questions;

1. Can lateralis roaches and crickets be housed together if I do not plan to breed the roaches?

2. Would anyone suggest that I do try to breed them? I think it might save me money as they are fairly expensive and I have heard that it's pretty easy to breed them. I only have one gecko that eats about 6 crickets a night so I'm not sure that's enough to warrant breeding roaches.

3. Any suggestions on breeding them if it turns out to be what I want to do?

4. Any good news on picky geckos loving lateralis roaches?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
1. No
2. Breeding them for one gecko wouldn't make a ton of sense, as they are very prlific
3. No
4. I feed my entire collection Lateralis.

scarlett1784

Thank you! Could I use a cricket keeper to house the roaches (seperately from the crickets)? I'm having trouble finding any info on keeping them if you don't intend to breed, all those set-ups seem a little extensive. Also, what is the best way to remove them to feed if the tubes in a cricket keeper won't work? Do they need to be dusted before being fed?

Carinata

Breeder of High End AFTs
Thank you! Could I use a cricket keeper to house the roaches (seperately from the crickets)? I'm having trouble finding any info on keeping them if you don't intend to breed, all those set-ups seem a little extensive. Also, what is the best way to remove them to feed if the tubes in a cricket keeper won't work? Do they need to be dusted before being fed?

If you have one gecko to feed. Buy a 66qt tub, take the lid and cut out the center of it, so it still clicks onto the tub. I buy my roaches from Aaron Pauling. You don't need to use a cricket keeper, use a tub. Use paper towel rolls to catch up the roaches. I dust mine with Repashy Calcium + D3 and a pro-biotic.

Visit our friends