Stinger

JMGreptile

The gene that piggy backs the super stinger or super zero that alters the pattern of heterozygous and possible heterozygous is not recessive, dominant, or Co-Dom. It is a affect caused by the gene that goes along with the recessive allele. The best example I can give you is with blizzard leopard geckos. The het and possible het blizzards are very high speckled, they are actually easy and obvious to pick out of most collections. Simply because we can pick out pretty much every hetero blizzard offspring doesn't make it Co-Dom. With blizzards you have something practically identical going on. There is a affect on the hets and poss hets that causes high speckling caused by neighboring gene that is adhered to this recessive morph. You can produce 100% het and 66% poss het blizzards with extreme high speckling. Find the non het blizzards with high speckling and try line breeding them only to find the high speckling is not passed onto the next generation. The easiest way to explain it is they are traits stuck together and separating them would be near impossible if you did they would be low grade versions.

On our web site if you read everything all of the answers are actually there, I just need to do better explaining.

For the separate lines of zeros and stingers. They were collected from the same area so Davids, Craigs, and ours are not really separate blood lines. They can look different depending on what you breed them to. The full backed zero white out on Urban reptiles site is not anything different we have produced 4 white out zeros like that so far. We actually had two on our available page near identical almost 2 years ago and I can take pictures of another one we currently have if you need to see it. Unfortunately for the fat tail market the demand for new morphs is not extremely high, they collect from the same areas and there collecting range is not very large. We have had separate stingers and zero wild caughts all work with eachother and the key to getting more insane patterns is to breed them back into the blood line not out breed them. If you breed zero X zero it is possible to produce a zero that is a not het recessive carrier but the zeros produced should have a very high chance of being het because that pattern is a indicator the recessive gene is there. For the piggybacked gene to be most prominent the animal should be a heterozygous. As for the dark pigment passed onto the offspring it is most likely from the piggybacked gene because anything from our super zero breedings are typically dark mahagony colors and sometimes a rich rusty copper color.

Also there is probably something I didn't answer, if anyone has any questions please feel free to post them.

JMGreptile

One thing I forgot to mention we did have a zero that proved to be a non het. Also the hidden gene morph is something that reacts with the piggy backed gene with zeros and stingers. This is very promising because it means the hidden gene should react with other pattern mutations well and possibly other color morphs. If it doesn't, like I would expect hidden gene oreos to be brighter and pastel but nothing to get excited about once the zero or stinger is in it it's a whole different story. Hence the importance zeros and stingers have in the market aside from them looking cool on their own.

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
As for the dark pigment passed onto the offspring it is most likely from the piggybacked gene because anything from our super zero breedings are typically dark mahagony colors and sometimes a rich rusty copper color.

Jeff, what would you say this is?

IMG_3373-1.jpg

EverEvolvingExotics

Jeff, thanks for answering so many questions. It's going to be very exciting to see how these genes interact with other morphs in the future. I look forward to the day a hidden gene super zero whiteout pops out!

Wild West Reptile

As for the dark pigment passed onto the offspring it is most likely from the piggybacked gene because anything from our super zero breedings are typically dark mahagony colors and sometimes a rich rusty copper color.

Also there is probably something I didn't answer, if anyone has any questions please feel free to post them.

Jeff, what would you say this is?

IMG_3373-1.jpg

This came from JMG.

Jeff? Anyone?

Wild West Reptile

I'd like to hear thoughts on this girl as well.

They're never around when you need them. :main_laugh::main_laugh:

Jeff's description fits her to a tee. I'm interested to see what they think I may have. If it has anything to do with the Zero/Stinger/het Stinger/het Zero/sibling….whatever the hell these things are…..it's for sale! LOL! It did come from JMG a while back, so I'm wondering if it slipped through the cracks.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
Chris,

What was the gecko labeled as when you purchased it? Did you purchase it in a wholesale group or by itself? If it wasn't labeled a stinger/zero sib, you will have to prove it out to name it correctly. I would suggest never selling a gecko on what it looks like, always prove them out.

Wild West Reptile

Chris,

What was the gecko labeled as when you purchased it? Did you purchase it in a wholesale group or by itself? If it wasn't labeled a stinger/zero sib, you will have to prove it out to name it correctly. I would suggest never selling a gecko on what it looks like, always prove them out.

I am just curious to see if this gecko is what Jeff was talking about in his description. That way I can figure out what needs to be done with it. My only problem is that I don't have any zero/stinger stuff and im not planning on getting any, so I don't see how I'd prove it out, which led me to half jokingly say it's for sale. Maybe someone else can prove it out who works with those morphs.

OhioGecko

Mod Squad Member
I almost forgot to put the answer key out here from the "Monkey Test".

#1 Normal
#2 het Super Zero
#3 Het Super Stinger #4 het Super Stinger
#5 het Super Stinger
#6 het Super Stinger
#7 Normal
#8 het Super Stinger
#9 het Super Stinger
#10 Normal
#11 White Out Sib (Female 1)
#12 Normal (Female 2)
#13 Normal (Female 3)
#14 White Out (Female 4)
#15 Normal (Female 5)
#16 het Super Zero (he has produced Supers this year)
#17 Normal
#18 White Out het Super Zero
#19 het Super Stinger
#20 White Out het Super Stinger (white)
#21 White OUt het Super Stinger (muddy)

#'s 11-15 are the 1st year breeders to the Super Zero, which also all the het Super's came from.

Visit our friends