Storing info??

P

puglover09

I have a question about storing a gecko. I am moving Sunday to another state and it is about a 15 hour drive. My question is, What should I use to put my gecko in? Any safety tips for her as well? Thank you in advance!!!

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I recommend travelling with the gecko in a deli cup (with air holes) or some other fairly small carrier so if it's a bumpy ride or you stop short, the gecko haslimited room to slide. If you're breaking your trip for the night, bring a larger plastic tub or other enclosure like a 5 gallon tank with a UTH or heating pad and let the gecko spend the night in there.

Aliza

P

puglover09

I was thinking about a tupperware dish but what size? lol. I think I have some made for a sandwich.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You might do better with the gladware containers that are a bit taller and rectangular shaped. Be sure to put airholes in whatever you get.

Aliza

BGalloway

The size of the container should be big enough for the gecko to comfortably move around in, but not big enough that they could get bumped more than an inch or two into the container wall. If you look at pictures on the forums you might see the deli cups people buy their geckos in and that can give you an idea of the size relative to the gecko(wish I could be of more help than that).

My ~9in gecko fits in a sour cream tub. I cut a small hole in the side for the thermometer probe to fit into and the lid has been mostly replaced by plastic canvas.

Also, pugs rule!!!:2thumbsup:

Visit our friends