Struggling with Thermostat

Little Bit

So I don't do things halfway, and I got a thermostat for my leo. The issue is, there are no numbers on it. It's a Repti Temp 500R by ZooMed with a Zoo Med UTH for a 10-20 gal in a 20 gal terrarium. My substrate is ceramic tiles. Not bad, I'm just struggling to find where to set it for her. Thankfully she's not interested in the warm half of the terrarium yet, and is snoozing away inside a cardboard box hide (It's temporary) so my constant fiddling isn't bothering her. I tried to set it up yesterday before she arrived this morning, but I still can't get it quite right. Does anyone have any recommendations of how to deal with this thermostat? I'll get a better one once my new job starts in a few weeks. But for now, I'm kinda stuck.

wicked gecko

Do you have an infrared temp gun or a digital thermometer probe to take readings with? Try to get it around 92° in the warm hide and keep the humid hide near the warmer section also. You want the uth to cover 1/3 to 1/2 the floor area. In my 20L tanks I use the 30-40 gallon uth, they should go by measurements not gallon ratings in my opinion because gallon ratings are misleading. Russ

telliott4

Where is the thermostat probe? It should be on the heat pad along with a digital thermometer. You should also have a digital thermometer in the warm side hide. You will have to adjust it until the warm hide stays around 90F. Just fyi a better cheap stat is the hygrotherm which has a digital setting.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Visit our friends