Stuck Shed or Extra Toe?

ketz

Hey everyone,

While looking over my crested gecko I noticed that on his back right foot he had some stuck shed, I removed most of the shed with a q-tip and some warm water and that seemed to go fine.

But he also seems to have an area that looks like a quite large toe, or a swollen nub or something, but he doesn't have it on any of his other feet. I'm wondering if it's a swolen area caught in a stuck shed or if it's an extra toe or what. Also it may look a bit wet or shiny because I was in the process of getting extra skin off that whole toe when I took the picture.

It's skin colored except for an area right on the tip that's kind of dark brown/reddish colored. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

toe.jpg

shadowdragon619

Finds me a dragon!
to me, it looks like an extra toe...i believe they call it a toe tag or something like that...ive seen pics of cresteds with extra toes before,

its a genetic trait that breeders find undesirable, but i think the extra toes are cute!

ketz

^ What about it is in bad shape? That's kinda why I was asking because I need to know if it will heal on it's own in a clean environment (which he is in now, paper towel substrate, exact temps, etc) or if I need to be applying anything to it?

ketz

^Also a quick update: The extra toe or w/e it is doesn't always jut out at an angle like that, I moved it out a bit to show more of what it looks like. Also it's not as dark anymore and has turned fully back to his skin color.

Visit our friends