Substrate

Abcook810

Wondering what the effect positive and negative there are in relation to tank substrate. I’m using one that mimics a desert setting with pebbles and rocky feel, are there any down sides to having a predominantly rough surface throughout? Should I provide a soft setting in certain areas?

Thanks-
AC

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If you provide a moist hide with moist coco fiber, they will have a softer place to be if desired.

Aliza

Rosefeild Ranch

Just avoid using sand for the desert theme, so they dont become impacked from digesting it.

But the rough surfaces will be very nice when they are going through a shed. Moist hid with coconut husk would be a plus.

Abcook810

Thank you all for the info, he does have several levels to his and perch. As far as a moist hide, just spray with a spray bottle? I want to avoid disassembling his house each day to spray. Also I’ve heard mixed reviews on the husk issue any thoughts?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have done well with coco fiber using gladware containers with a hole cut on top. I just have to add some water when the coco fiber gets dry. I've never had any problems.

Aliza

Visit our friends