Substrates....Which one to use?

Which one to chose....?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leoman5654

I would definetley say paper towels because obviously there are impaction concerns with the other substrates but also the reptile bark might raise humidity too much as well as anything like Eco earth will raise humidity

C

Cody

I say Paper towels for juvis/hatchlings, and paper towels or slate/tiles for adults.

L

lizardlove

I use repti-carpet because I think it looks better, but if you don't feel like cleaning paper towel all the way. I use paper towels while my carpet is drying from a wash.

Ehatcher

i agree with some that sand will not hurt the gecko if the husbandry is spot on... but I will never use sand again. After taking 45 minutes to clean my sand tank and disinfect it compared to 5 minute clean and disinfect with paper towels, its a no brainer! :p

lisa s

i agree with some that sand will not hurt the gecko if the husbandry is spot on... but I will never use sand again. After taking 45 minutes to clean my sand tank and disinfect it compared to 5 minute clean and disinfect with paper towels, its a no brainer! :p

point well made :D

leonut

This is an argument waiting to happen. :p

I use large size aquarium gravel. Not that rainbow or blue crap but natural looking stuff. It looks awesome and is easy to clean.

Visit our friends