SUICIDE OF A 14 YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herpman97

Ok, so you cant tell anyone in my city, but most of you dont live here so nevermind. So, there is this girl at my school. She has many friends. One day, I saw her crying, walking down the hallway. I though, "Oh, it's probably a boy, I hate it when girls cry over little things." It was until today when my best friend told me why she was crying. Her best friend was a 14 year old (Im in the 7th grade) that went to a school in my city. He told me that her best friend had commited suicide by jumping in front of a train!!! And yes, it happened, because the whole class made shirts for her. I HAD A MINI HEART ATTACK!!!! Suicide at that age!!! I was in shock! What could be so bad that you would kill yourself and never have a chance to live again!!!!!!! I usually never talk to the girl that was crying, but we know each other exist. I could only feel terrible for her. Your best friend, that killed themself in purpose to end it all, including you..... Also, she is in my tech ed class so I saw her today. She was just fine today. She seemed normal, and a little happier. I guess because everyone cheered her up. I know myself, if my best friend, that I met at age 5 died, I would cry endlessly for at least 10 days, and I'm a guy!!! (No offense) I am still wondering if this is just a dream, even though I know it's not. Wow, this year has drama! Some got caught having drugs in school, we've had 3 fights, kids are becoming sexual, and people are failing.
7th grade = Weirdest year of all!!!!!

JordanAng420

People of all ages can have mental instability. Regardless of weather it's an "insignificant" situation or a really serious one...different people react to emotional situations in different ways. If you've ever heard of the 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance, you must understand that you and your female friend might go through one or all of these emotions. And that's compleatly normal and okay.

7th grade is a tough year. You're 12, 13, or 14 years old...EVERYTHING is awkward and self confidence definately doesn't show itself that often. This coupled with some minor mental instability can make for a very dangerous situation.

RampantReptiles

You also have to understand that depression is not all about outside emotional stress. It has a lot to do with chemicals in the body and brain. Your at an age when you are just going through puberty or already have(they are starting earlier and earlier every year!) and puberty definitely effects the chemicals in the body. She could have been predisposed by her genetics to have depression or mental instability.
Not to mention the average american diet and all the crap that people consume can actually make depression worse for some people. Sugar can cause emotional instability and high fat foods (bad fats not good fat like omega 3) can cause irritability and even make your brain not function as well.
It is sad and I can imagine very strange to have someone you know be there one day and not be there the next. Even worse when someone takes their own life but I am sure that if that person was a good person they would want you to grieve for them and then move on with your life.
I definitely agree with you, if my best friend did that I would be in pieces. More than likely that girl is crying on the inside and no amount of cheering up is going to make her friend come back. In time the pain will get better and that girl that died will be missed.

T&KBrouse

K, the Crazy Snake Lady
Its never easy to loose someone so young, but especially under such horrible circumstances. My husband and I both work with District 12 Medical Examiner and unfortunately, we see this more often than we'd like to think about. We also had to deal with a suicide in our own family a few years ago that haunts us to this day.

Remember should you talk with her is there will always be doubt of "I could have done this" and "If I'd only seen..."
Then there is the issue of who to be mad at. If her friend had been shot or killed in a car crash, there would be a reason. There would be someone to be angry at. Who can she blame for this? The one person she misses the most? Suicides are by far one of the toughest deaths to accept, because you don't have any answers.

We don't know what her friend was going through that made her decide to take such a permanent, drastic measure to end the pain she was in. She'll be going through her own roller coaster of emotions that will take alot of time to go through. I wish I could tell you things would be alright, but I would be lying. And one day, when they are alright, it will be different. (I know that probably doesn't make sense right now, but when the time comes, it will)

Be strong. Listen, and talk to someone. This is a tough one to make sense of.

herpman97

Yea, you guys are probably in shock, but I'm beginning to think that it was because of something that many young people overthink and after awhile isn't that big of a deal.
And plus, SHE JUMPED IN FRONT OF A TRAIN!!!!!!

LizMarie

That's so sad but it happens more than you'd think. In my opinion children are growing up at a faster pace now a days and dealing with tougher issues many that should only concern adults than I remember having to deal with just a few years ago. Many people are forgetting that these "people" carrying the world on their shoulders are children and don't know how to handle certain pressures from society, family, friends, etc. and see ending their lives as the only escape from all the pain. I know from experience that children tend to internalize everything! Pair that with the possibility of a mental disorder and parents that are too busy with work, etc to catch the early signs and you have heartache.

When I was 14-15 I feel into a total depression I tried speaking to my mom and she'd brush my off, my pediatricion thought I was seeking attention so I had many suicidal thoughts because I felt like I was a lone in the world and no one cared, finally my mom gave in and took my to a therapist and I was diagnosed with depression and a panic/anxiety disorder. After a few sessions it seemed I had been suffering from this for the past few years but just brushed it off as a bad day.

Around my neighborhood their have been children that kill themselves, one jumped off a 7 story, another shot himself in the head (where he found the gun, dunno). And many have ran away trying to escape pain, abuse, etc. Just the other day just up the block a 13 year old girl ran out of her house with her 8 month old sister because her parents were having a REALLY bad domestic dispute she and her little sister have yet to be found.

There was a story a few years ago of a boy (really young) that was having a hard time in his math class where his teacher would pick on him or at least that's how he felt. One night he was having a tough time with homework and I guess had some other issues and hung himself from the top bunk. His mom said she passed by the room and saw him looking down at the floor at his homework and thought nothing of it and kept moving when she came back she noticed his feet weren't touching the ground and everything came into focus but it was too late because he was dead.

herpman97

That's so sad but it happens more than you'd think. In my opinion children are growing up at a faster pace now a days and dealing with tougher issues many that should only concern adults than I remember having to deal with just a few years ago. Many people are forgetting that these "people" carrying the world on their shoulders are children and don't know how to handle certain pressures from society, family, friends, etc. and see ending their lives as the only escape from all the pain. I know from experience that children tend to internalize everything! Pair that with the possibility of a mental disorder and parents that are too busy with work, etc to catch the early signs and you have heartache.

When I was 14-15 I feel into a total depression I tried speaking to my mom and she'd brush my off, my pediatricion thought I was seeking attention so I had many suicidal thoughts because I felt like I was a lone in the world and no one cared, finally my mom gave in and took my to a therapist and I was diagnosed with depression and a panic/anxiety disorder. After a few sessions it seemed I had been suffering from this for the past few years but just brushed it off as a bad day.

Around my neighborhood their have been children that kill themselves, one jumped off a 7 story, another shot himself in the head (where he found the gun, dunno). And many have ran away trying to escape pain, abuse, etc. Just the other day just up the block a 13 year old girl ran out of her house with her 8 month old sister because her parents were having a REALLY bad domestic dispute she and her little sister have yet to be found.

There was a story a few years ago of a boy (really young) that was having a hard time in his math class where his teacher would pick on him or at least that's how he felt. One night he was having a tough time with homework and I guess had some other issues and hung himself from the top bunk. His mom said she passed by the room and saw him looking down at the floor at his homework and thought nothing of it and kept moving when she came back she noticed his feet weren't touching the ground and everything came into focus but it was too late because he was dead.
Dag, Thats tragic!!!! Im just scared that Im gonna run into the suicidal thought stage or some of my friends are. Do you live in the hood? (No offense)

LizMarie

Dag, Thats tragic!!!! Im just scared that Im gonna run into the suicidal thought stage or some of my friends are. Do you live in the hood? (No offense)

You can say I live in the hood but that doesn't make much of a difference. I know people that have had to quick school to help support their families while I know a bunch of others that received BMWs for their 16th birthday and they all have their own problems, sometimes they're very similar.

I think children especially teenagers are going to feel that the world is on their shoulders and I think the best thing to reduce suicidal thoughts or to catch certain things is to have an open dialogue with people you trust and aren't afraid when they see/hear something odd they can react and get you the help you need.

Don't forget you have parents, siblings, friends on and off line, doctors, teachers, school consuler etc. they're there to help and make sure your ok so take advantage of that because while people might feel alone theres always someone out there for you to talk to.

goReptiles

I doesn't matter where you live or how old you are.

I went to school with someone who's 8 year old sister was on anti-depressants and saw a therapist regularly.

I also had a substitute teacher who was also a swim coach who know a boy from a very well to-do family with money in a really nice neighborhood who hung himself.

herpman, it's not all that simple. It is a tragedy, but it's not in where you live, how much money you have, how old you are, etc. It's a mental condition caused by a chemical imbalance that can affect anyone.

ILoveGeckos14

Ok, so you cant tell anyone in my city, but most of you dont live here so nevermind. So, there is this girl at my school. She has many friends. One day, I saw her crying, walking down the hallway. I though, "Oh, it's probably a boy, I hate it when girls cry over little things." It was until today when my best friend told me why she was crying. Her best friend was a 14 year old (Im in the 7th grade) that went to a school in my city. He told me that her best friend had commited suicide by jumping in front of a train!!! And yes, it happened, because the whole class made shirts for her. I HAD A MINI HEART ATTACK!!!! Suicide at that age!!! I was in shock! What could be so bad that you would kill yourself and never have a chance to live again!!!!!!! I usually never talk to the girl that was crying, but we know each other exist. I could only feel terrible for her. Your best friend, that killed themself in purpose to end it all, including you..... Also, she is in my tech ed class so I saw her today. She was just fine today. She seemed normal, and a little happier. I guess because everyone cheered her up. I know myself, if my best friend, that I met at age 5 died, I would cry endlessly for at least 10 days, and I'm a guy!!! (No offense) I am still wondering if this is just a dream, even though I know it's not. Wow, this year has drama! Some got caught having drugs in school, we've had 3 fights, kids are becoming sexual, and people are failing.
7th grade = Weirdest year of all!!!!!

It happened because the whole class made shirts for her? As in making fun of her? If that's the case, it's weird the school didn't do something. Either way, I'm sorry for that poor girl and the lives it has affected.

ariana

herpman.
ive been there.
just a few weeks ago my friend tim shot himself...
last year i lost 2 friends in a wreck.
those are just the teenagers.
ive lost many friends and many family members, whether suicide or not.
when he says she wrapped her car around the tree he means she wrecked.
if u ever need to talk theres always someone here for you.

herpman97

herpman.
ive been there.
just a few weeks ago my friend tim shot himself...
last year i lost 2 friends in a wreck.
those are just the teenagers.
ive lost many friends and many family members, whether suicide or not.
when he says she wrapped her car around the tree he means she wrecked.
if u ever need to talk theres always someone here for you.

Yea, you are all right. Suicide is not all physical, mostly mental. But to me, my personal OPINION is that if you are young, starting out, and have not lived life to the fullest and to maturity, you have no reason to kill the person god made.

herpman97

Wow, have the girl and baby been found yet. If not, I would assume the worst,:eek:

LizMarie

Well a week after she ran away with her baby sitter they continued to show her face on the news and kept bringing back the story but since then I haven't heard anything. So I hope all is well but I'm not sure it is. Very sad indeed but it happens.

Visit our friends