Sunglow genetics

notacoshells

So if I breed a SHTCT to a albino, and the offspring back to a SHTCT, I will get a sunglow? Is it possible to get a sunglow that has all 3 strains of albino in it?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You need to breed the offspring back to the albino, since Sunglow is SHTCT albino. If that doesn't make sense you should probably do more research about gecko genetics. It is possible to get a gecko with all 3 strains of albino, I suppose, but combining even 2 strains of albino is strongly frowned upon because you end up with geckos where you have no way of really knowing which strain is being expressed (you probably wouldn't get an unusual looking gecko, but a gecko that's expressing one of the albino strains) and muddying the waters for future breeders.

Aliza

sunshinegeckos

You need to breed the offspring back to the albino, since Sunglow is SHTCT albino. If that doesn't make sense you should probably do more research about gecko genetics. It is possible to get a gecko with all 3 strains of albino, I suppose, but combining even 2 strains of albino is strongly frowned upon because you end up with geckos where you have no way of really knowing which strain is being expressed (you probably wouldn't get an unusual looking gecko, but a gecko that's expressing one of the albino strains) and muddying the waters for future breeders.

+1

Visit our friends