Sup!

S

Screamin_99

Hey, My names Justin.

Im a little new but a little old to keeping reptiles.

I started with Anoles. then upgraded to a Tokay. then added another. but I later got rid of them now im back wanting to get into it agian.

Im really into autos tho..

I have Two F-Bodys . a 99 Firebird and a 95. both black, both t-tops. my 99 is about to get a stroker kit and some other goodies..

Im currently looking into getting a Crested Gecko. or a Garg.. Ive been doing some reading on care sheets and such and well im mainly just looking to see what kinda tank/enclousre I will need.

I can get them anything they would ever want or need.

Im thinking I want to get a new Gecko that will like a lot of plants. maybe a screened cage but a tank will work too.

anyone got any suggestions?

I live in Cincy OH. it gets hot in the summer and pretty cold in the winter.

Im mainly looking for something that is fantastic to watch move/eat and do w/e it needs to do. but im also looking for something that isnt gonna try and eat me like My Tokays did. something that will be able to be held/handled some.

let me know :) As I said before I have some experience with taking care of geckos and lizzards.

I currently have a 55gal tank with a few Freshwater Fish. and I have a soon to be 4yr old Pit Bull ;)

Just a little background. thanks in advance!

BTW. site looks good so far :main_thumbsup:

Scott&Nikki

Welcome... You aren't gonna find many lizards that would be best in a screen cage, I don't think. It is way too difficult to regulate heat that way. I only have experience with leopard geckos, but I don't think you can go wrong with them. See ya around!

Val

Welcome to the site, Justin. I'm sure you'll be able to find all the answers to your questions here.

ReptileMan27

Welcome :), are you looking for something to hold or just to look at?. If you want something with a tropical set-up that you can handle, then a crested gecko would be your best choice. If you want something to just look at, then tokays,skunk(white lined) geckos,golden geckos, are some choices. I dont reccomend a screened cage, doesent hold the hummidity well.

B

binksy

Hi,

Hi, it's BINKSY. I've just joined too. New to reptile keeping and this fantastic site. I've got one female gecko Binks. Welcome. Binksy.xx

S

Screamin_99

Wow, great welcome.

Id like to know some more about Cresteds. some really good pictures. is it hard to get Captive Bred babies. and be able to sex them?

Id like to get 3. 1 male and 2 females. what size tank should I look at keeping them in?

what kinda plants could I keep with them.

Im looking for something to just look at but be able to handle if I wanted too. something that I could let be out of its cage from time to time.

as I said Ive kept different lizzards before. had really good times doing it too but now im looking to get something new.

I dont HAVE to have a screened cage but I would have preferred it. a tank won't be so bad. as Ive got fish already.

anyone wanna point me to a good direction in learning a little more about cresteds and keeping them? how I can house them? what kinda plants and stuff I need to keep in there tank with them. basic things I guess.

as I said above. Ive had anoles and while they were fun They were also very easy and got old quick. I really liked them and they got me started liking lizzards more and more. then I traded them up for the Tokays and they kept amazing me up until the day I decided to give it up.

Tokays are by far some cool lizzards. feeding them pinkys was a fun experience.. I even went out and bought some small rats to try and attempt to get my own source of pinkys to feed them.

will cresteds eat pinkys? are they too small to get them down?

I have SO MANY QUESTIONS lol.

Ill stop here.

Thanks in advance all!

S

Screamin_99

Very well. Ive done some searching and couldn't really find what im looking for.

Ill give it a post or two.

Visit our friends