Super scared right now

Matthieu Adams

I come home and my sister tells me she found a really long striped worm in the tank but when she came back it had buried itself because she couldn't find it. I'm really nervous. Do you know of any things that this could be? I don't have any pictures because I can't find the thing either.

She described it as being similar to that of a leopard gecko's tail but longer. Both of the geckos still have their tails.

Matthieu Adams

If you can't find it anywhere, then it's hard to know what she really saw.

Aliza

I assumed that Sis is hallucinating, or she thought both of the boys were in the cactus and she saw one's tail. I sifted through the substrate and found nothing.

Matthieu Adams

UPDATE: SHE WAS NOT HALLUCINATING!

I finally caught it and it legit looks like a 2-3 inch long dark striped mealworm. I disposed of it (set it outside) because I don't think my babies should be eating it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I have fed super worms to geckos as small as 14 grams with no problems. It's fine to put it outside, but just so you know, your geckos could probably have handled it.

Aliza

Matthieu Adams

I have fed super worms to geckos as small as 14 grams with no problems. It's fine to put it outside, but just so you know, your geckos could probably have handled it.

Aliza

I never ordered any superworms... 0-0;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I just meant that if my smaller geckos can eat super worms yours should be able to eat a very large mealworm if another one crops up.

Aliza

Visit our friends