super snow blizzard x bell het blizzard, anyone done it?

boywonder

i've just aquired these two gecko's, a super snow blizzard male and a bell 66% het blizzard female, has anybody done this cross? if the female proves out to be het blizz am i right in thinking that each egg has a 50% chance of being a snow blizzard 100% het bell, 50% of being a double het mack? did others get roughly these percentages or does the blizzard gene simply not click with bell? how many bbb's are in existance now?

Halley

Super Snow Blizzard x Bell 66% het Blizzard

If female proves out:

50% Mack Blizzard, 100% het Bell
50% Mack, 100% het Blazing Bell Blizzard

If female doesn’t prove out:

100% Mack, 100% het Blazing Bell Blizzard

boywonder

so even if she ends up the 33% not het blizzard it's still worth doing right? mack snow double het bell and blizzard bred together have a 1 in 16 chance of being bbb and 1 in 32 of being bbbss? i bet that's a nice gecko lol
so if i manage to hatch a super snow bell enigma this season, what's the fastest way of introducing those genetics into this project? should i do super snow blizzard x super snow bell enigma or mack het bell het blizzard x super snow bell enigma?

is that what a darth bell is, super snow bell blazing blizzard enigma, black body with red eyes?

Lordoftheswarms

From what I understand the Bell gene and the Blizzard Gene are on the same chromosome.
Because of that you can't have a bell blazing blizzard until there is a rare recombination event that mixes the two chromosomes giving both mutations on one chromosome, or a mutation in the bell gene in a blizzard line, or a mutation in the blizzard gene in a bell line.

At the moment, in a bell, the blizzard gene is wildtype phenotype, and the same is true for a blizzard concerning the bell gene.
It will happen sooner or later, but we won't know it until the bell blazing blizzard baby pops out. Keep crossing double hets bell blizzard.

N

Nigel4less

From what I understand the Bell gene and the Blizzard Gene are on the same chromosome.
Because of that you can't have a bell blazing blizzard until there is a rare recombination event that mixes the two chromosomes giving both mutations on one chromosome, or a mutation in the bell gene in a blizzard line, or a mutation in the blizzard gene in a bell line.

At the moment, in a bell, the blizzard gene is wildtype phenotype, and the same is true for a blizzard concerning the bell gene.
It will happen sooner or later, but we won't know it until the bell blazing blizzard baby pops out. Keep crossing double hets bell blizzard.

The BBB has already been made about 3 or so have....

boywonder

I think keli hammok hatched a bbb and didn't Steve sykes finaly get one as well? Was it matt sasobeck/alberto that got the third one?
Are there many people working on this? I suppose even making double hets is a good idea for when the breeders who've managed to produce bbb's begin to release the offspring, how should I go about mixing the super snowbell enigma into the project?

nevinm

Moyer's Monsters
it wasnt matt or albirto that got the 3rd one. that one came from someone in europe who got his double hets from steve skyes as well

supperl

G.Man <- ask HJ
Yup hiss geckosetc and geckobase did one. 2 still living and their are 2 more that might have been but who knows and same goes to another gecko here on the forums which SHOULD be a MSSB but hey no pattern yet ;-)

boywonder

i'm surprised no one's answered this thread, i thought plenty of people were working on this project? or is it top secret? how about the darth bell project, how's that coming along?

boywonder

LOL... I really hope I'm first to produce the SSBBBE because I totally will call it the Darth Bell!

so youre working on this project? what combo's have you tried and what have the outcomes been? how did you get the enigma gene into the project? is this 2nd season or more like 5th?

Baoh

This is only an unverified hypothesis. It has not been meaningfully tested by any rigorous method. Just being on the same chromosome would not necessarily prevent their inheritance in progeny, either, depending upon relative position and other factors.

eyelids

Bells Rule!
anybody working with these genetics this season then? bell blizzard enigma mack super snow?

I'm going for BBB, MSBBB, SSBBB, BBBE, and MSBBBE this year... Won't have the stuff for the SSBBBE until next year... Hitting any of them would be absolutely incredible, but I'll be satisfied just proving out my possible hets...

boywonder

good luck for the comming season eyelids, a ssbbbe would be close to the holy grail, just get RADAR into the mix and i'll call you my god of gecko's

Visit our friends