Superworms?

Superworms

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elyria.Luna

Yes or no to superworms for an adult leopard gecko? I keel being told no.....they bite, or not good for digestion?
Thanks

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I feed my geckos super worms and crickets. Some will only eat the crickets, some only the super worms and some will eat both. I have also fed super worms to juveniles with no problems. You can order smaller super worms if you're more comfortable with that.

Aliza

White Shaq

i feed my geckos 3 or 4 large super worms once every week. I also feed my juveniles super worms also.

Herpin Man

If you’ve ever watched a gecko eat a superworm, you’d see that it usually doesn’t get much of a chance to bite.
Regarding digestibility- the exoskeleton is more difficult to digest than many other feeders, and are sometimes regurgitated. But I think most of the time, that is the result of the gecko not being kept warm enough, or from eating too many at once.

Human Alien

Yes or no to superworms for an adult leopard gecko? I keel being told no.....they bite, or not good for digestion?
Thanks
No No No, they will continue to live and possibly do damage inside the Leo's tummy and its been known they eat from the inside stomach of your leopard gecko, they will do excellent with NORMAL size large mealworms for proven nutrition for a long happy life. So forget superworms.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
It's never been a problem for me; they crunch that head pretty hard. However, if you want to be absolutely safe, stick with the large mealworms.

Aliza

Herpin Man

No No No, they will continue to live and possibly do damage inside the Leo's tummy and its been known they eat from the inside stomach of your leopard gecko, they will do excellent with NORMAL size large mealworms for proven nutrition for a long happy life. So forget superworms.
I’ve seen it claimed many times that this could occur, but I’ve never seen any credible evidence that it ever actually has. People were even making this claim about mealworms fifty years ago. However, I have fed many thousands of mealworms and superworms, and have never had one injure a gecko or other herp. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think it’s very, very unlikely. In fact, I would go as far as to say it’s an urban legend, unless someone proves otherwise.
As I said earlier, if you’ve ever seen what a gecko does to a superworm as it eats, you would see that the superworm cannot survive the process long enough to bite from the inside.

Visit our friends