Surprise hatchling

GeckoCrossing

So... my SHTCTB female who was supposed to have no hets was mated with a Tang possible het Tremper Albino. The first of her eggs just hatched, and out popped a baby albino. So the breeder that sold me her was obviously wrong -_-
But that's neither here nor there now.
When the baby hatched out, it was extremely small and skinny. So skinny I could easily see her spine all the way along her body. She's not lethargic or anything, in fact she's more hyper than my other hatchlings. But she's not eating yet, and with her being so small and skinny I can't see her lasting too long without eating. I've been dropping some mini mealworms in her tub at night, but for the past 3 mornings all of them have been untouched :( Any advice?

JordanAng420

Was it premature? Has it had its first shed/poop? Generally they shed and have a bowel movement soon after hatching. Usually they start eating almost immediately afterward.

GeckoCrossing

Was it premature? Has it had its first shed/poop? Generally they shed and have a bowel movement soon after hatching. Usually they start eating almost immediately afterward.

Yeah, she pooped a little. It looks like she was premature, but she hatched out after 43 days (21 days at 81F, 22 days at 89F). She did come out still attached to the egg sac, but it dropped off over the first night no problem. The other egg hasn't hatched yet, but they were both questionable on whether they'd hatch at all. She laid them on the bottom of the laybox and they were stuck to the bottom. Took a little prodding to get off. This was her first clutch ever. Still cooking the other and hoping. The baby is still active and responsive though.

Visit our friends