Switching from crickets to repashy.

Keagan

I recently bought a crested gecko from a local pet store (bad idea I know) but hes really healthy. At the store they did not have any repashy or any other supplement, only food was crickets. How hard is it to switch a crested from crickets to repashy? I feel like he would not know that he's supposed to eat the powder. Also I've looked at various pet stores and none of them carried repashy. Where can I get some? Thanks ahead of time!

natcat

Just to be clear you do mix the powder with water to make it a pasty substance. You probably know that but the way you explained it I felt the need to clarify that . You can get repashy at p e t c o if you have one, but if not I would recommend buying from Amazon or the Pangea website. It is hard to say whether or not you will get your gecko to eat it. Mine doesn't care for the taste very much so I mix it with Pangea fruit mix complete, which is another powder diet you can give to your gecko which seems to taste better and seems more appealing. When you give your gecko the "paste" for the first time he probably won't go for it, so just gently smear a little on/around his mouth. It will also help if you do it at a time when he hasn't eaten for a while so he is eager to eat. Hope that helps.

Natcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keagan

Just to be clear you do mix the powder with water to make it a pasty substance. You probably know that but the way you explained it I felt the need to clarify that .

Yeah sorry I forgot to include that. Yes I do know that you mix with water. However I know of some people who have cresties who do eat just the plain powder...seems like it would be kind of disgusting and dry, but then again I'm not a gecko!

natcat

Yeah sorry I forgot to include that. Yes I do know that you mix with water. However I know of some people who have cresties who do eat just the plain powder...seems like it would be kind of disgusting and dry, but then again I'm not a gecko!

Yeah like I said just wasn't sure haha. And wow that seems... Interesting. I don't think my gecko would like that but I guess I couldn't say for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends