Switching to Roaches

Bloody Holly

I was wondering if anyone has been able to successfully switch their fat tail from crickets or mealworms to roaches? I want to switch over to roaches because I have a couple friends that know how to breed them, which means I would not have to visit the pet store every other week.

I have tried giving my fat tail roaches on two occasions. The first time, he took it, and then immediately spit it back out. The second time, about a week later, he wasn't even interested in it.

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
usually once your aft refuses a food it takes a while before they will try it again. basically they need to be hungry. if they are hungry enough they will eat just about anything.

i feed all my afts on dubia roaches. i try to pick the 3rd to 5th instar nymphs for feeding. the adults are just to big and spikey, and the geckos dont like the fight.

fuzzylogix

Carpe Diem
i had a hard time with some of mine eating dubia. i ended up getting most off of crickets and now are eating lats, dubia, and even mealies occasionaly. they seem to prefer the lats over the dubia, but i still have a couple that will only eat crickets. it takes time and a hungry gecko. if you are still feeding them crickets every other day, and trying to introduce roaches, i don't think it will work. they will just eat the crix and leave the roaches. i slowly spread out my feeding schedule until it was every 4 days. would put in one or two crix and two or three roaches. kept that up until i was just putting in roaches. now ive increased their feeding schedule for breeding and they don't think twice about destroying the roaches.

Visit our friends