Swollen Foot ... Help??

Pop77o7

3 Year Member
My juvenile leopard gecko has a swollen back right foot. She seems healthy otherwise, because she's warm, alert, has an appetite, etc. However, she is having some difficulty moving around. I'm hand feeding her.

She has a tank mate, a younger gecko. They never fight, so it's not an issue.

You probably have heard me talk about this before. This is Draka.

I'm wandering.. If I increase her calcium amount will this help the swelling go down? I don't know if going to the vet will do much. If I have to, I will.

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Its kinda hard to help without seeing it, can you get a photo? The calcium might help, if her problem is a bone disease from low calcium. But it could be so many things... Is there any sign of a wound? Is the foot twisted or broken? Did she fall? Swelling is often a sign of an injury. How long has it been swollen?

Rylee

3 Year Member
Is it bruised? I once accidentally set a heavy hide on my RAPTOR's leg and it swelled up quite a bit and got bruised. Did anything happen to her lately that you know of?

Pop77o7

3 Year Member
kay sorry lol

I don't believe she fell or anything. There's nothing that hazardous in her tank. I wonder.. Could it be infection? It almost seems she has something on her foot that resembles a human PIMPLE.

I had to go to work before I could respond. Swollen1.png

Before I could get a better shot, my camera died. Everything's against me today!!!

Anyway, yeah. What can you all tell from what I managed to get?

LeoLover1

3 Year Member
Could very well be an infection, and you don't want it turning into an abscess. I gotta agree, find a vet to look at her. It LOOKS painful!

Apocalypse910

3 Year Member
Definitely get her to a vet ASAP. Looks like either an infection or gout. Given the age, the amount of swelling, and the sudden appearance I'd assume and hope for the former. Either way you are going to need to talk to a vet. Are there any other white spots under the skin (on the joints of the back feet or in her mouth)?

Josh2

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
:( Poor little thing! I hope you can get it looked at ASAP
Be sure to keep us updated on the progress. I'm sure she will be back to 100% health in no time!

Visit our friends