T rex leopard gecko dust vs. Allen Repashy calcium plus

lisa127

I'm very frustrated about this whole thing. It's very confusing. These were both the same product at one time right? I had a question so sent an email to customer service at Repashy. Here are the emails:

my message to them:
I have a question about your products. I have here a jar of Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus that I bought from LLLReptile. It has a date of 2008 on it with an expiration date of 10/16. I know you no longer label this as leopard gecko calcium plus and all that is sold now is calcium plus ICB. Is that the same as what I have? the minimum and maximum amounts of everything seem to be different. I ask because I have a couple of leo's I use this for. But I recently acquired a rescue bearded dragon from someone and I am wondering if this is suitable for his insects as well or if I should be buying something else.
Thanks for your help.

Reply from Allen Repashy:

Hello,

The product you are referencing is made by T-Rex Products, who we licensed our name to many years ago and they have since removed our name from their products. This product is based on a ten year old formula that is not at all the same as our formula that we market. I can tell you that all of the differently labeled formulas of Calcium Plus from T -Rex are the same formula with different labels for marketing purposes. If you want our current formula, it is sold as "Calcium Plus" under our own brand name.

Cheers, Allen Repashy

However, the name Repashy still appears on the Trex bottle. All the confusion has caused me to be using a different product than what I thought I was using all this time. And I have a brand new unopened bottle. Is the Trex leopard gecko dust a good product? Or should I order the calcium plus? Also, it sounds as though, judging by Allen's reply, that it would be ok to dust the dragons insect with the leopard gecko dust as well? and yes, the Trex bottle I have says repashy on it, but I misspoke....it says leoprd gecko dust and not calcium plus. So even more confusion since I told Allen Repashy the wrong thing I guess?

indyana

In the long run, it's probably fine to use the bottle you bought. It's certainly not bad, just not the most current formula that Repashy uses. I'm going to finish using up the old bottle of Leopard Gecko Calcium Plus that I bought at the pet store. In the future, though, I'll probably order straight from the repashy site to avoid getting the old formulations. It is confusing in the extreme, and I think I want to take TRex out of the equation. -_-

Visit our friends