Tail. Warning if your squeamish.

Bellalee

Hey guys.. I tried searching, I don't like the search function here.. :(

Yesterday I got in 3 wonderful geckos, 2 from Kristi and 1 from Chewbecca..

When I opened the package, I checked them all out and I found this.. which definatly happened in shipping.

gingertail1.jpg

gingertail2.jpg

I pmed Kristi, and let her know and she suggested neosporine, which I am definatly going to do. Neither her nor I have had a gecko lose it's tail and I really don't want to start now..

What would you guys do in this situation? And do you think it will end up falling off?

Thanks guys.

BalloonzForU

Unfortunately the liklyhood of the tail staying put is slim to none. I've seen less trauma to a tail and it still fall off the rest of the way.

Keep the wound clean. I would also keep the paper towels a little moist to keep the wound from sticking to it, should the tail fall off.

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
:( I still can't believe she tried to drop her tail. That's the first one I've had that's tried to do it. I was really hoping it would heal on it's own without her losing it.:(

LizMarie

:( She must have really been mishandled in my opinion!

I hope she finds a way to keep that tail on but either way I know your going to be the best person to take of her during this time. Best of Luck!

Bellalee

Whelp my boyfriend looked at the tail this morning and put a small of neosporin on it.. and it looked a little more congealed then it was yesterday..

I'm still hoping for the best. Thanks Kristi, Fe, and LizMarie.

Sunrise Reptile

SunriseReptile.com
If you're keeping and breeding that gecko, what's the difference if it keeps or loses the tail? A regenerated tail isn't that big a deal. That leo will live a perfectly normal, happy, and healthy life with or without the original tail. Congrats on adding all three of them to your group! :)

Stomlin35

Gamer momma
I agree, it may end up falling off completely eventually. My little girl dropped her tail a while ago when we first got her. My daughter had scared her. You can tell she's lost her tail since it's grown back, but she's become a spunky little thing. :D She only dropped the end half though.

lindy

one of the geckos i have that i got shiped to me looked like that. the gecko actually kept her tail but a year later the cat scared her so bad that she dropped it.
anyways i thought it would of fallen off but didnt so it depends on the gecko. i dont have any photos though. my husband and i took a bet on if she wold lose it or not.:main_yes:

spykerherps

-sssSpyker ExoticSsss-
Very Cool. I mist this post when I happened. Very nice healing by the gecko great care buy you.

I was going to say I had a gecko from geckos etc arrive with this exact tail tare. kept it clean applied neosporin and kept him on PT and kept the PT a little moist and it healed up perfectly just as this one did.

Nice Job.

Visit our friends