tails getting smaller and smaller....

ManUtd

for some reason, my leo's tail is pretty small. he acts like hes fine but the tail is scaring me.. im not really sure how to fatten him up or whatever. i just made slurry today and i always have a supply of mealies and crickets in his cage. anything else i can do to help? oh and the temp in the cage is 85..

robin

have you tried upping his temp to 90 degrees and possibly getting some wax worms? how old is he and how much does he weight? can you get a photo of him?

Srt14292

Est; 1992
i would agreew with Robin, up the temps to about 90 and try wax or butterworms, even silk if you can get your hands on them .

Kristi23

Ghoulish Geckos
I would make the temp even higher (floor temp). Maybe 92-94 and see if that helps.

ManUtd

have you tried upping his temp to 90 degrees and possibly getting some wax worms? how old is he and how much does he weight? can you get a photo of him?

I did have the temp up around 90 but i thought that it was too hot for leos
I guess ill have to keep it around that temp then.

I have some waxworms and have been giving him some, but im not noticing much difference.

i dont think hes that old, im not exactly sure on the age but ive had him for about a month. i got him from the pet store.. ill have to look and see if there is a scale laying around the house somewhere
as for pictures, ill have to take some and post them up

ManUtd

i havent tested him for anything, i just went to the vet today to get some of that a/d pet food and they dont take exotic pets. so ill have to give some other vets a call.

another thing, is it a bad idea to have a uth on when im using paper towels? its just temporary, im waiting for my repti carpet stuff to come in the mail.

robin

any vet can do a fecal test and give you results as long as you are able to give them a fresh poo.

i havent tested him for anything, i just went to the vet today to get some of that a/d pet food and they dont take exotic pets. so ill have to give some other vets a call.

another thing, is it a bad idea to have a uth on when im using paper towels? its just temporary, im waiting for my repti carpet stuff to come in the mail.

robin

yeah you have to call them and they will not want to see the gecko9 but if you take a fresh poo they should do a fecal test on it. just ask

ManUtd

i just took a look at my leos stomach, and it has a purpleish area on it... his tail has gotten skinnier and i just got some reptaid in the mail today. i hope this lil guy makes it..

Visit our friends