tails...?

got spots?

leo lover
OKay I know what a leporad gecko tail does before it eats, that whole shake thing but I introduced a new leo and the old leo shook its tail kind of.. like it went into the air and kind of curved. Is this breeding behavior? It certainly wasnt the normal eating thing when they shake their tails.

MiamiLeos

mine do it when they are " interested " in something. it could, however, be a sign of aggression. make sure the original gecko does not start to bully the new gecko. watch both of their body languages carefully for the next few weeks. he was probably just like "oh whats that!" but watch just in case :)

Tommy13b

Do you know the sex of your leo's? If your not intrested in breeding, or there not big enough, dont house a male and a female togeather.

JordanAng420

OKay I know what a leporad gecko tail does before it eats, that whole shake thing but I introduced a new leo and the old leo shook its tail kind of.. like it went into the air and kind of curved. Is this breeding behavior? It certainly wasnt the normal eating thing when they shake their tails.

That's territorial. The "old leo" is pretty much saying "Listen buddy, this is MY house, and you will respect me if you're gonna be here, or else. Got it?" They usually stop after a few minutes unless they're really upset.

got spots?

leo lover
That's territorial. The "old leo" is pretty much saying "Listen buddy, this is MY house, and you will respect me if you're gonna be here, or else. Got it?" They usually stop after a few minutes unless they're really upset.

and u know wat i mean by saying not rapid shakes? sorry for this post i have my leo in one hand

JordanAng420

Yeah, I do know what you mean. I have a baby that does the same thing every time I put my hand in her cage. She tries to look all mean and scary and then waves her tail in the air like a snake...

Make sure the two geckos you are introducing are not two males...I just thought of that.

Visit our friends