Taming my girls . . .

Latlaw

Ok, I've got 2 females about 3 mos old. I have had one about 2 weeks and the other almost a mos. I need to tame them. I've had my hand in the tank a lot but have not tried to pick them up yet. Rosa seems a little more calm and I do the water on the knuckle with them. Rosa will lick and Pippi will hiss and snap. Her snaps do not hurt--more like pokes with her nose. I'm wondering if I should just try picking them up--in the tank of course-because I don't think they will voluntarily climb on my hand. I guess I'm worried especially about Pippi that if I don't get them tamed somewhat before they are much bigger, it will be harder and Pippi's snaps my hurt or draw blood. Should I try to scoop them up-gently and see what happens? I don't need to take them out of the tanks yet. I think they'd be too fast if they got away.

I have a 7 mos old male that I'm able to hold and take out now. He's seems much more mellow. Is it just the age? Or are males easier to tame?

LizMarie

Well I gave my leo all the time in the world, lol. Almost a year later was when she climbed on to my hand by herself and actually stood there. You might be able to pick up Rosa and show her your nothing to be afraid of but I would be cautious with Pippi, personally I would give her more time. If you ever see her climbing on her hides or trying to climb up the glass put your hand in it to when she comes off the hide or falls over she'll climb right into your hand and you can get her to wake across it.

Visit our friends