Tank Backgrounds?

Roul

Hello, all.
My gecko's tank is pretty bare bones at the moment and I am working on gradually improving it. I let her out a lot to explore new areas for some enrichment under supervision, so I'm not super concerned with the setup other than that I am going to buy her a lamp so that she can bask (currently she only has a heat mat) and I am considering getting her some sort of wallpaper for her tank, because I heard that it could help in reducing stress. That is where my question comes in.

How many sides should I wallpaper? Is three the best, or is it okay to just do one or two? Do you guys have any tips on where to buy these sorts of aquarium-style backgrounds from?

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
You can do however many sides you want. Some of the traditional pet stores that sell aquarium wallpaper also have some reptile habitat ones. If you want to make your own: do a google image search for Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan landscapes. Find one that will print large (I did mine about 15 years ago, so it may be easier to resize these days). Print it out and laminate it.

Aliza

Roul

You can do however many sides you want. Some of the traditional pet stores that sell aquarium wallpaper also have some reptile habitat ones. If you want to make your own: do a google image search for Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan landscapes. Find one that will print large (I did mine about 15 years ago, so it may be easier to resize these days). Print it out and laminate it.

Aliza
Ooh that's a good idea. Thank you!

Meagan129

I get mine from BannerManCan on Etsy! I’ve gotten five from him before, including the two that are on my gecko’s cages now and they’re gorgeous! Very reasonably priced too and shipping is super quick. You can choose any image on Adobe or one you found on your own. I think I paid about $15-20 for my 20 longs.

Visit our friends